lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Finally got the lift in

I'de been waiting and waiting for it to warm up so i could put my lift in. Finally just decided to do it in the snow.

I made my own drop axle, cut the spindles off and welded them to a 1/2in thick piece of steel. I just used spring spacers for the back and bought some new napa shocks, i don't like the look with the shock extenders.

I have the front half of the block poor mans lift left but idno if i want to lift the front more and cock it off.

Enjoy the pics.

M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got the lift in

That is true dedication ! Looking Good!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

just gotta get some new sneakers under it, idno what i want yet. I'de like to keep the same rims and save some money. Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I bought a set of 22x11-8's on clearance through denniskirk.com for right around $100 shipped (I don't remember the exact cost but it was far lower than anywhere else) - they're Chen Shin Lumberjacks, nice stiff sidewalls, great tread, and best of all I swapped them onto my stock rims in about 20min without a problem ...

22x11-8 is actually a cross-fit for many ATV's, so you should be able to track down a set "on the cheap" - I found mine through a simple search for "Chen Shin". Also, many farm implement stores (we have "Farm and Fleet" or "Tractor Supply Company" here in WI) carry tires in that size too so just do a little research and you should have no trouble.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i found a set of 4 20x7x8 on cheap but, idno yet i haven't made a decision, might just go with them so i can get them sooner
Old 01-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

hmmmm - a little skinny and short .... Then again, it works when I'm lookin for women, so I say if you're in a hurry, go for it !!!!

(then again, I've been known to say that in regards to women too, so .......)

In all seriousness, chances are if you go wide like I did with the 11's, you'll end up having to fab or buy wheel spacers (the stock rims aren't offset so you
ll get some rub on the rear tires) so you may be better off doing that set for now (as long as the price is right)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #7
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

they're bigger than wahts on it now, and all 4's just a little over 100, think i'll go with them for now. I wouldn't mind having tires a little taller but i figure if i go with the skinnies than i won't have to worry about new rims or rubbing
Old 01-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

we just picked up a set of 22x11x8 on offset rims about two weeks ago. sahara classic tires. $245 plus about 45 in shipping. forget where from but you are interest i can track the info down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01335.jpg (157.1 KB, 14 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

these are what they look like...just fronts for a 4 wheeler, hope they'll be alright... If anything they'll be better than the turf tires on it now
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

its been a while but shes there

tires are tiny but they grab nice. the only way i get stuck now is if the motor won't spin the meats, which happened...maybe a stiffer clutch spring is in my future?

oh ps: It looks like the front sits a lot higher than the back but i have a 30 gallon drum full of sand in the back saggin it a bit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO