lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
masterall
Not Yet Wild

Default Carb Problems

Hi, I just got a Yamaha G16A 1997 free from a friend and it needed some work, I charged the battery and fixed the fuel pump. However I know fuel is making it too the carb nozzle but from there it seems to stop and I can't find the reason why. when I put a little gas directly into the carb air intake, it starts right up. So I know there is a spark and I have compression but somewhere between where the fuel enters the carb and the cylinder itself something is not right. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
masterall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Carb Problems

pull the carb and clean it. I would say the needle is stuck in the seat or the float is stuck.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:13 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yep, I agree, clean the carb.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
masterall
Not Yet Wild

Does the carb come right off by sliding it off the 2 bolts? or are there more holding it in place? I just don't want to snap anything by forcing it out if I am not supposed too.
masterall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yep, 2 bolts. Just be careful with the plastic spacer between the carb and the engine. They crack very easily.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Be sure not to use the carb. as a resting post for your hand either. I almost bought a gross of plastics spacers.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Ron and Spriddle...Not to correct you guy's ( you give to much good advice for me to be a school teacher) but Masteralls' G16 is not like the G2 thru G14 carb manifolds. Masterall...There will be 2 10mm head bolts at the back of the air cleaner box assy, there will be 2 12mm head nuts that hold the air box onto the carberator studs. After air box removed, take off choke cabel and accerator cable, slide carb off studs (there should be a gasket between the air box and carb and one between the carb and plastic manifold , manifold and gasket useually stay in place), Take off float bowl/main jet (this is probably "plugged"-The culprit) the pin that holds the foat on and the jet ontop of the carb. Clean/blow out/reassemble/reinstall. I would also take the "pulser Line" ( the one that runs under the air cleaner assy from the engine block to the fuel pump, and "blow into it" if you feel any "restriction" it can't "drive" the fuel pump with "crank case pressure). Hope this helps make your car "purr" again. Let us know what you find. It WILL help others. Dave

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 04-22-2008 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: bad spelling
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Thanks Dave. I was thinking G2/G9

Sorry masterall.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha