lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Rear seat install question

I just finished installing a rear seat kit on my 03 CC DS. I purchased it from one of our sponsors. It was fairly straight forward with the usual poor quality install instructions and diagrams we have come to expect for items that need assembly. One thing I noticed and did not expect is my head touches slightly against the lower back edge of the roof when my back is fully against the seat back. I do not have the extended top just the stock one designed for a 2 seater. I'm 6' 3". My GF clears it by an inch or so. Is this common? It would seem that a spacer designed to give the rear seat back a more upright stance might keep you away from the roof top. Comments??

Thanks
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Rear seat install question

i hear this alot when the roof isn,t changed.......that and how wet they get back there but theres really nothing other then the longer roof to cure both things......its either that or live with it............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i hear this alot when the roof isn,t changed.......that and how wet they get back there but theres really nothing other then the longer roof to cure both things......its either that or live with it............................

Well hells bells. I thought it was better to avoid this with the shorter roof. I have heard others say they did not go with the longer roof to keep from hitting their head with the higher seat in the rear. Also I don't really like the safety bar but the slow moving triangle does not fit under the seat so the only real use I see for it is to attach the triangle to it. What do others do about that?
Old 08-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Those rear seats are only good for kids, or one adult that sits kinda sideways. My bad, two midgets will fit :)
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Those rear seats are only good for kids, or one adult that sits kinda sideways. My bad, two midgets will fit :)

LOL..I hear ya. Ok since I'm whinning I have one more complaint on the seat. My kit came with spacers that go behind the backrest on the front seat to give additional room to keep the 2 back rest and riders apart. My front seat backrest now makes me sit a little closer to the steering wheel and cramps my style a bit. So other than hitting my head on the roof in the back seat and feeling cramped in the front seat this rear seat kit rocks
Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

that center thingy that comes up from the footrest.....thats the biggest waste of metel and space..........two kids or a couple of anarexi,s can sit there but no way two normal adults.....they squeeze in there like a few sardines.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Same here on the head hitting thing, i thought about pulling the new rear roof supports back off and drilling new hole 2"lower on them, which will raise the rear of the roof up 2 inches...
Oh, and i prefer to be close to the back seat so i can reach around and smack the kids when the misbehave!!
warmboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
that center thingy that comes up from the footrest.....thats the biggest waste of metel and space..........two kids or a couple of anarexi,s can sit there but no way two normal adults.....they squeeze in there like a few sardines.................................

Maybe they make a smaller slow moving triangle than the standard one I have. I might be able to cut it down to fit under the seat. What are others doing?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car