lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #11
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pros and Cons for owning A Gas or Electric

I've only had a buzzer but it's 30 years old, has original motor, and runs great. I didn't get a gasser for a couple reasons. If I were buying it new, and took care of it myself a engine is great. Used engines scare me. You could be buying a cart owned by MAYHEM LOL. You just never know what you're gonna get. More moving parts=more chances for malfunctions. Yeah I put $700 into batteries, and have to charge but it's great sliding up to someone at camp, and blasting my OOGAH horn to scare the bejeezes outta them.
No matter what is said here one way or the other. Remember get what you can afford because no matter what ya get you're gonna be hooked, and will need the money for hop ups. LOL
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have had both first a gas and now an electric, and I love the electric cart alot more.
Electric-
Pros- quiet, lots of torque, push pedal and go, quiet, plenty of run time, quiet, quiet.
Cons- price of batteries when they need to be replaced (take good care of them and this won't be an issue for a LONG time), need to spend a little $ to speed up.
Gas-
Pros- gas and go, cheap to make fast (but be careful not to blow engine).
Cons- lots of moving parts that could fail, loud, if on a gravel/dirt road could plug up carb easily, loud, if its an older cart mixing gas/oil could be seen as a pain, loud, they rattle/shake from moving parts/motor, LOUD, LOUD, LOUD.

I didn't realize how loud gas carts were until I was golfing with a friend that rented a 2011 EZ-Go gas from the course, and I had my 04 CC Precedent. Even the 2011 was loud which surprised me for it being brand new. Ever since then I convinced myself I would never go back to gas. My electric lasts me 18+ holes of golfing, and I don't have to plug it in until I go in the house for the night (probably 1-2 hrs of DRIVE time after golf round). People think that having to plug your cart in is a burden, but I would think when you go to sleep for the night you have an open outlet somewhere outside you can plug your cart into, when you wake up in the morning your cart will be ready to go again.
Either way you decide to go, its a fun addiction and there is alot of knowledgeable people on this site for both.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Moonbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have an electric with some modifications for more torque. I much prefer plugging it in at night instead of pouring gas and changing the oil filter. My grandson drives it all day and we haven't had any problems with battery life.
Moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car