lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default All Sports Lift Question

I'm lifting an 88 club car with the all sports 6 in a-arm kit. I got the front on with no problem, but I have a question (or two) about the rear.

I know the springs move above the axle, but do they connect to original front mounting point and the rear hanging brackets?

More importantly, how in the heck to the rear shocks mount? I have 4 extensions, but the instructions don't say what to do with them, or where to mount the shocks.

I was going to call them, but since I found all the help I needed from you guys, I thought I would start here first.
Mark27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Grizzly One
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes the springs go above the diff and attach at the original front and rear mounts. Personally I would replace the shocks and extenders with longer shocks. I'm pretty sure any late 60's nova shock will make the distance with the added 6" lift. I know others on the forum have used this trick.
Grizzly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: All Sports Lift Question

Thanks. The old shocks are pretty much a basket case anyway. It just seemed odd when I read the installation instructions: "Install supplied shock stud extensions (2 per side) to top of rear shocks and reinstall shocks to frame." It sounds like they want you to hook two extensions to the top of the shock?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

I used Monroe P/N 32126 shocks with my 6" Jakes lift on my 92 Club Car and they work great. No stupid extensions or adapters. Bolt right in place of the originals with the lift installed.
Firefytr29wfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Grizzly One
Getting Wild

Club Car

That must be how they are doing it now. Before there was a plate that was mounted on top of the leaf springs where the U bolt would go through it and off of that plate a lower shock mount would be. So, you wouldn't use the original lower stock shock mount.
Grizzly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

My kit had that plate on top of the spring, but I cut off the new shock mount and used my original lower shock mount. My shocks were wasted and automotive shocks were cheaper than the replacement Club Car ones.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks. You guys have given me lots of good options. I guess my frustration is in the lack of instructions. You pay hundreds of dollars for this stuff, and they send you a piece of paper. Why not TWO pieces of paper and a picture. Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll make it work. I guess my question is what do they WANT you to do with this stuff. Yes, I have the plate over the spring and the U-bolts.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

they want you to use the 2 extensions per side on top of the shock. just like the instructions said. but really do yourself a favor. throw them in a drawer, toss the shocks, and spend the 55-60 on a nice new set of automotive shocks for the back!
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks. That does seem like the right thing to do, and now is the time, since it's all apart.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Firefytr29wfd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
they want you to use the 2 extensions per side on top of the shock. just like the instructions said. but really do yourself a favor. throw them in a drawer, toss the shocks, and spend the 55-60 on a nice new set of automotive shocks for the back!
The part number I gave for Monroe shocks crosses to a Gabriel shock at Autozone for $19.99 each
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts