lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

Default need longer wheel studs to mount 12 inch custom wheels on93 model yamaha g8 electric

I found a couple at autozone and oreiley but not quite long enough. HELP
dbarham is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Re: need longer wheel studs to mount 12 inch custom wheels on93 model yamaha g8 elect

Why do the studs need to be so long? Is this a wheel spacer issue? My wheel spacers had built in studs.

Not sure why you need super long studs and if so, why the wheel manufacturers don't offer what you need.
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need longer wheel studs to mount 12 inch custom wheels on93 model yamaha g8 elect

I bought the wheels second hand i do not have wheel spacers Im just trying to knock out the factory studs and put longer ones so they will stick out the other side of the wheels so i can get a lug nut on.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

Here's the wheels
Where the lug holes are these rims are wider than stock and my studs are too short. I found some at the auto parts but they're a quarter inch too short too:mad::mad::mad:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1368757695646.jpg (54.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
PatG
Not Yet Wild

Some custom wheels use a lug nut that isn't a standard acorn style and actually goes into the hole on the wheel. I wish I could describe it better, but here's a picture:
PatG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatG View Post
Some custom wheels use a lug nut that isn't a standard acorn style and actually goes into the hole on the wheel. I wish I could describe it better, but here's a picture:
that makes sense my lugs are different but the stock wheel studs are still way short the guy i got these wheels from had them on a ez go and mounted with the acorn style lugs. Maybe I can get the longer studs with these lugs and it will bolt up!! man I hope thanks
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

where can I find those type of lug nuts?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
dbarham
Not Yet Wild

Here's the lugs I got with the rims
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1368758753788.jpg (40.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
rib33024

any speed shop will have longer studs for what you need, jegs, summit, and others
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
PatG
Not Yet Wild

I found this place online, they could probably help.

http://adaptivestrategies.com/lug_nu...om_wheels.html
PatG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha