lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Bray6092
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo RXV will not run

My RXV had the brake issue after replacing the brake now it will not run just makes several clicking noises.

Help
Bray6092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo RXV will not run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray6092 View Post
My RXV had the brake issue after replacing the brake now it will not run just makes several clicking noises.

Help
It sounds like it's failing the powerup testing. Check the fuses in the fuseholders fastened to the underside of the plastic cover. You will have to unplug the plugs that are plugged into the caps that fasten to the plastic cover in order to get at the fuses. The 10 Amp fuse (usually 2 yellow wires) is the main 48V to the keyswitch and the 7.5 Amp fuse (usually 2 red wires) is the motor brake circuit fuse. Early RXVs just have the one 10 Amp fuse.

Later model RXVs have similar looking plugs and caps marked #1, #2, #3, and #4. Those are for bypassing the motor brake for an 'emergency' brake unlock feature in case the tow mode switch does not work due to controller test failure. If you have those, make sure they are plugged in correctly for normal operation... Plug #2 into Cap #1, and Plug #3 into Cap #4.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Bray6092
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can hear the motor running but no movement
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I can hear the motor running but no movement
Jack up the rear of the cart and block it up. Remove both rear wheels and look to see if the axle shaft/nut turns when you hear the motor run. If you can hold a hub from turning while the axle shaft/nut turns, you may need new hubs. They are known to strip out. Sometimes the nuts are just loose and can be tightened. Check first. If they are not turning, you may have an issue inside of the rear end assembly.

Where are you located?
Old 03-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
Bray6092
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay i jack it up and still not movement
Old 03-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Okay i jack it up and still not movement
Did you remove the wheels so you can see the axle shaft and castle nuts? There are caps over them on the rear wheels so you have to remove the wheels to see them.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have RXV axle parts is why I asked where you were.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
Bray6092
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I removed the wheels. Nothing turning. But it sounds like something maybe turning inside or a humming noise. The cart was working prior to changing the brake motor.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes I removed the wheels. Nothing turning. But it sounds like something maybe turning inside or a humming noise. The cart was working prior to changing the brake motor.
Ok, so take the motor brake off of the motor and lay it nearby with the wire attached. Try operating the cart while watching the motor shaft at the motor brake end of the motor. It should turn a tiny bit, maybe 1/4 of a turn then stop. If it does, put the motor brake back on, making sure that you get the motor shaft flats aligned into the flats of the opening in the center of the motor brake. Then rotate the motor brake to align the mounting bolts and put the bolts in. Do not tighten the bolts too much, just enough to flatten out the lock washers. Then try operating the cart again with the back of the cart still off of the ground.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #10
Bray6092
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay I took motor brake off and laid to the side still connected. The motor did spin backwards (I look like) then cart started beeping
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO