lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
8budcar
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Emerge no headlights

Hi everyone,
I have a 2010 Emerge 48SS and I have no power to the headlights, or wiper motor. The fuses, that I know of, are all good. The problem started when the motor had the brushes get into the armature. I have had the motor repaired and it is fine now, but I can not get power to the headlights. I have power for turn signals and emergency flashers, and the 12v outlet on the dash is still hot, so I do have some 12v power. Any ideas? Thanks.
8budcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 Emerge no headlights

Lights are on there on circuit. Has nothing to do with the motor. Common for the windshield wiper motor to not work...its in the push pull switch. Lights are on there own fuse and can melt in the holder. Id start there since the rest of the system works
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
8budcar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Lights are on there on circuit. Has nothing to do with the motor. Common for the windshield wiper motor to not work...its in the push pull switch. Lights are on there own fuse and can melt in the holder. Id start there since the rest of the system works
Thanks for the reply. The problems started when the motor issue occurred. I was running the cart at night with the lights on when the cart started running very rough at slow speeds and would not run more than about 15mph. I tried to get home, which was about a half mile. All of a sudden if felt like the regen brake in the motor locked up, the lights went out, and I think I saw a spark come from the wiper motor out of the corner of my eye. The wiper motor is probably bad, but I have no power going to it. The cart made it home, and I have had the motor rebuilt and it runs fine now. The fuses in the holder under the seat are all good. Are there more fuses somewhere else?
8budcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

That's the only fuses. Make sure you don't have blown out bulbs. If dash lights up, and brake lights work, issue is direct with the headlights
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin