lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
katskart
Not Yet Wild

Default Fairplay golf cart

I recently purchased a Fairplay golf cart from a local golf course. It's about 5 years old and has new TR0jAN T-875 BATTERIES. Regenerative system 48v. 4HP advance dc motor. Since this was used on a golf course, they have a speed limiter on it and it had little power going up slopes. I asked the folks at the course about it and they told me that the limiter was install to prevent golfers from speeding around. He told me that there should be away to override this limiter but wasn't sure how to go about it.
QUESTION: Can anyone out there help me. Since we're going to use it to run around our neighborhood with it, I'd like to get a little more speed from it.
thanks in advance for your help.
Katskart.
katskart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fairplay golf cart

Find someone with a scanner and they can change the program. Real easy to do.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
katskart
Not Yet Wild

thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, but this is my first venture in the golf cart world and I don't know much, can you tell me what a scanner is? Is it the same type of thing that auto mechanics use to diagnose cars issues from it's computer? Since I bought mine from a golf course they didn't have much info on it..
hope it's not a dumb question..
thanks again
katskart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
rib33024

Moved to electric forum
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed sensor adjustment
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay