lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
036.6turbo
Not Yet Wild

Default 19?? Pargo resurrection.

Hello.

This is my first post here. I will try to keep a long story short. My Dad passed in 2012, at the time of his passing he owned two carts. A club car that stayed at his place in Florida and what I now believe is a Pargo, that he kept in Michigan. (snowbirds, winter in FLA, summer in Mich.)

He believed the Pargo was a Harley Davidson and was just over the moon about it. And like a lot of older guys, he tinkered with it all the time.

Some time in 2012 it quit working. Dad's health was rapidly failing and I did not get involved in trying to repair the cart. My brother in law did try to troubleshoot it, without success. By the time I lifted the body up, he had disconnected enough wires, where i was pretty sure I needed to just set the body back down.

So it sat, and sat. My mom had someone push it outside.

And it sat.

So, I decided to try and bring it back to life.

It looks to be complete. The frame rail on the passenger side has a rust hole. The inner fender wells have rust holes on each one. None of that is a very difficult repair.

One of the last things Dad bought for it was a 36v charger, so I think I have that going for me.

Batteries are obviously toast. My thoughts are to wire (3) 12v batteries as a proof of concept, to verify functionality of the motor and differential etc etc.

I did find a thread on here with a wiring diagram, but the resolution is not such that I can read the terminal labels. Does a better copy of that exist?

Yes, I know it has very little value.
Yes, I know the cost of replacement batteries outweigh the cost of the cart.
But it was my Dad's.

(My mom still thinks it's a Harley Davidson, nothing I say will change her mind.)

So yeah, I'll be on here begging for help, looking for ideas.

Thank you in advance for your patience and assistance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0992.jpg (220.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0993.jpg (208.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0994.jpg (216.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0995.jpg (205.3 KB, 0 views)
036.6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2019, 07:21 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 19?? Pargo resurrection.

Very cool cart! I wish you luck on bringing it back to life!
Maybe you can get in touch with the person who started this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...argo-sale.html
They may be able to help you find information.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
036.6turbo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Very cool cart! I wish you luck on bringing it back to life!
Maybe you can get in touch with the person who started this thread:
They may be able to help you find information.
Thank you very much.

That looks exactly like my Dads. I was wondering if the dashboard was original, from those sale ad pictures I'd say it was built with it. Looks as if Dad's was a 1967 as well.

I was actually thinking of painting this one black. I have some left over from previous projects.
036.6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I restored one of these a while back. I thought I posted a restoration thread but I cna't find it if I did. Believe it or not I have a parts / service manual for it that I can post.

You may want to do yourself a favor and post in the "Restoration" section rather than just the electric carts section. There are about 4-5 routine posters there who know there way around old carts. For the most part, all electric carts in the early 70s and prior have very similar configurations. If you find information on one it will likely apply to all of them.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts