lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Xtremjeep
Not Yet Wild

Default Brand new Battieries, but not charging

I have a friend that has a 2000 48 volt. Just put brand new batteries in it. Also had the charger tested, and it tested good. When it is plugged in it is not charging. All batteries read 8.2 when installed. The charging light does not come on on the charger. It reads incomplete and sometimes abnormal cycle. Everything is hooked up right. Any ideas on what is going on? Please help. Thanks
Xtremjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Brand new Battieries, but not charging

What is the entire pack voltage? Check to make sure all the batts are connected in series.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Xtremjeep
Not Yet Wild

Total voltage is 49.2 and they are connected the same as the old ones and the same as the diagram.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeep View Post
Total voltage is 49.2 and they are connected the same as the old ones and the same as the diagram.
Could the female charger receptical be damaged? Also the positive lead from the receptical goes to the solenoid (with the lead from battery 48 volt positive), the negaative lead goes to the negative battery 48 volt post. Lastly, you said you had the charger checked and is ok, but are you absulutly shure the ac outlet has power? If it's a ground fault receptical, it could be "tripped". Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Xtremjeep
Not Yet Wild

I will check the charger receptical. I have checked the wiring for corrosion from the receptical to the solenoid and to the neg batt post. The outlet has power, the charger lights up, just doesn't charge.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeep View Post
I will check the charger receptical. I have checked the wiring for corrosion from the receptical to the solenoid and to the neg batt post. The outlet has power, the charger lights up, just doesn't charge.
The Mac chargers can light up, because there reading battery voltage. The ac circuit also needs the circut breaker to be good. Humor me, check the ac outlet. Then you can definatly say that is not the problem.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
Xtremjeep
Not Yet Wild

I will check the ac outlet asap (cannot check it until Thursday). I did not realize the batteries could light up the charger.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Smallblock are the 48 volt yamaha chargers notorious for the circuit boards going bad.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Hey Smallblock are the 48 volt yamaha chargers notorious for the circuit boards going bad.
There were 2 types, Mac and DPI. No I haven't found the circuit boards being the main issue. Now if your talking about the new Yamaha charger "the drive charger"....just get it replaced, it's under warranty.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Did the charger charge before the change? If so, then check battery hook up. Also if no one peeded it off, all yamahas have the wiring diagram on a sticker under the seat.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha