lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
max7321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 19?? electric yamaha wont work

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4370571...th/5016045485/

got this yesterday guy said he replaced the solenoid after he got it didn't fix it so he gave up

today i hooked up the charger and it started to spark and smoke from the solenoid and i looked at the wires that go from the plug in to the solenoid are burnt. i dont know what year this is i think 77 because thats what is on motor is there a wiring diagram for this? or check out the pics and tell me if anything looks wrong thx a bunch tryed for a while but couldnt post pics so sry fo the link
max7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 19?? electric yamaha wont work

It looks like a 1991 G9. The serial number should be on the front of the seat support at the bottom left near the hinge under the driver's seat. You'll have to flip the seat forward to find it, small alum. plate with numbers on it./
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It looks like a 1991 G9. The serial number should be on the front of the seat support at the bottom left near the hinge under the driver's seat. You'll have to flip the seat forward to find it, small alum. plate with numbers on it. /
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7321 View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4370571...th/5016045485/

got this yesterday guy said he replaced the solenoid after he got it didn't fix it so he gave up

today i hooked up the charger and it started to spark and smoke from the solenoid and i looked at the wires that go from the plug in to the solenoid are burnt. i dont know what year this is i think 77 because thats what is on motor is there a wiring diagram for this? or check out the pics and tell me if anything looks wrong thx a bunch tryed for a while but couldnt post pics so sry fo the link
Welcome neighbor (kind of). You have a G2-e. Go to the above "stickies" the very first one is a wireing diagram for your G2-e. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
max7321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

the wire that goes from the charging receptacle is getting hot immediately after i turn the charger on. the charger says ez-go is it the right charger?
is it giving the reversed polarity's? i looked at the diagram and everything looks good. the plug in is a two prong and looks like / \ fits perfect into the cart. after plugging in the charger and turning it on i noticed sparks coming from the wire that goes from the receptacle to the solenoid like it was grounding out against the positive cable that comes from the battery

i really do hate electric problems lol
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
max7321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ok the wire that was sparking i tightened it up now and it is charging at the moment i cleaned the treminals of the batterys and was looking at them they are from pacific power batteries and were made in 07 but the tag on it doesnt say when they were purchased do they go bad that quick? after charging for an our i wanted to see if they are taking a charge so i took a wire brush between posts and it barley twinkled no juice are they dead?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
rib33024

Do you have a DVM meter so you can take some volt readings of the batteries, test the volts of each battery and test the volts of the whole pack, and what year is the batteries??

See if you can figure out what cart you have

This will help you find the numbers, then post them here---

http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/corpora...rtimeline.aspx

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
max7321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well i looked all over for the id plate and i think it was removed (stolen?) kid said he got it from girlfriends place where she works so idk. i dont have a tester that can accept all that power but i did use a bulb and all the batteries have power and when i crossed it betwean all packs it blew the bulb
so i checked the on/off switch and its good so then i was thinking of testing the motor is there a way to test the motor using the 4 posts that are on it?

edit: batteries have a ship date of july 07
Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
rib33024

Did you click on this link, and look at the pics, and try to tell us what cart you have, it's in one of those pics-

and with out a DVM meter it's like imposable, to help you with out some kind of meter.like in the pic,

http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/corpora...rtimeline.aspx

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
max7321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

well it defiantly looks like the g92 and the g-9 i have a gas version and its a g-9 the only difference ive noticed is the electric one has tubed bars holding up the roof and my gas one has squared so i think the electric is g-2. ive started checking wires and i found wires going to where the charger plugs in are not connected to a broken switch that stops the cart when charging i connected them and it didnt do anything. under the battaries this thing is rusty idk if worth saving might part it out and use body for my gas one
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha