lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart identification not going to be easy 4 U

Heres the deal. I just drove 50 miles to look at a $50 cart that the guy said was a gasser with no motor. I get there and it is some kind of electric. At first I thought yamaha but leaning to hyundai. The picture I took didn't work so I'll try and descibe it. Any pictures I have found doesn't look like a hyundai;
The writing on the dash is one line english, then one line oriental, then line of english the oriental, then eng, then or, 3 line. Something about not operating while drinking alcohol, ya right.The steering wheel on the pencil holder doesn't say yamaha but has oriental writing.Couldn't find any ID tag all the electric controls are gone.The front end has the solid front axle with the same spring setup as my marathan leaves. The elec motor sits right on top of the axle,rear leaf springs, Body is fiber glass not plastic like a yamy.The seat cliped on the front just like my G9 does, but it doesn't have the solid seat uprights like a G8.Brakes are cable. The hole for the forward and reverse lever was far left drivers side, not in the middle.Any ideas here ?
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart identification not going to be easy 4 U

WOW!! 26 views and no one has any idea here?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Pretty hard to tell without some photos. If you drove 50 miles you surely took some, how about posting them up, someone here will know.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It was cramned into the corner of the shed and I couldn't get a good picture of the front .I didn't take one of the dash either.this is the best i can do
http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...nt=photo-6.jpg

It has bigger wheel flares on the back from picture of hyundai's I have saw pics of and it is differant than my yamaha. There was no ID tag where it should have been for the hyundai either
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

If it's a Hyundai, here's where the SN plate and breakdown is: http://gmcarts.com/help/serial-locat...dai/index.html

This is yours, doesn't look like Hyundai to me but I'm no expert on them:

It looks a lot like this one which I thought was an Ezgo TXT:

Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep ,That looks just like it,But there was no ezgo emblem on the nose nor the ezgo plate under the dash. If so I wonder why the japanese writing on the dash
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Good point about the Oriental writing, maybe someone who really knows this cart might pop in and give you the answers.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha