lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G19E Front Suspension - Help!

I am about to wits end! I have a 98' G19E w/ an Allsports 7" A- frame lift. When I installed the kit, I also sent to the shocks to Plowman's for a rebuild due to a camber issue (Passenger side worst). Once all was installed and compete, the passenger side has always been / about a 1/2". I replaced a worn tie rod end. Same. Swapped the shocks around. Same. Ordered a king pin kit and then both sides were / \. After checking the new pins, I found them to be .020 smaller than the old so I re-installed the old ones. Still / \. Spindal bearings appear to be fine. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?? Thank
Barry Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G19E Front Suspension - Help!

Seems I have issues at both ends!! Any thoughts about this post would really be appriciated. Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
lonewolff
Not Yet Wild

Measure everything. Make sure anything that you changed is of equal length.
If it was fine before the lift and not fine afterwards, then the problem is going to lie somewhere within the lift.
Just keep seaching, you will find it.
lonewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I remember reading this somewhere before a while ago, and I may screw this up a bit, but I think it went something like this ...

The Yamaha G-19's are designed to sit like this / \ when sitting still because as you go, they straighten up [ ]. If you are doing suspension work on G-19's you'll need to adjust the front ends as viewed from a moving cart, not one sitting still.

I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

WAIT!!

Luckily I saved the info!

Check it out:

Jake's Tech Article Vol. 10 | How to set the toe on a Yamaha G2-G19

Customers call all the time asking why their tires are leaning in or leaning out after installing a lift kit on a Yamaha G2-G19. The Yamaha suspension is an a-arm construction that is built similar to a Volkswagon. The suspension flexes and provides a soft ride but you must know how to properly set the toe on the cart after the lift is installed to make it steer correctly and for proper tire wear. First we must understand what toe is in reference to alignment. The purpose of toe is to ensure the wheels roll parallel. Imagine a straight line from the outside of your rear tire to the outside of your front tire. Is it a parallel line? We want the line coming from the rear to be in approximately 1/8” of an inch at the end of the front tires. This is typical and can be set with a toe gauge on most carts, but not the Yamaha G2-G19. Because the suspension flexes what you see while the cart is sitting will be completely different when the cart is driven. Here are the steps we take to set the toe on a Yamaha G2-19:

Have someone sit in the center of the seat and drive approximately 30 feet towards you and look and see if the tires are parallel, toed-in or toed-out. Remember we want the toe to be in approximatel 1/8”.
Loosen the jam nuts on the tie rods and lengthen or shorten the tie rods according to what you see. Lengthening the tie rods will push the tires or toe-in. Shortening the tie rods will pull the tires or toe-out.
Repeat step one and check visually re-check the toe. Adjust as needed.
Tighten jam nuts.
Hope this helps. Look for a video of this on our Youtube page in the near future.

Have any technical questions or something you would like to see us write about? Give us a call!

I hope that helped!
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Barry Weeks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you very much
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

No prob ... I hope it helped, and I hope it keeps you from pulling your hair out now ...
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha