lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
jefffelton
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 Drive PTV Too Slow

I have a brand new 2011 PTV. The dealer supposedly turned off the regen braking...and said he maximized the speed using the Genius 2 software. The problem is the cart is still very slow (max speed about 10 mph on a flat surface) and still has the "anti-roll away" feature on that limits ability to coast at slow speeds.

Does my dealer know what he is doing? Can the Genius 2 software actually be used to turn off the "anti-roll away"? Can I actually get a speed close to 19 mph?

How can I get the Genius 2 software to adjust myself? My dealer is about 50 miles away...and he charges me $50 every time he picks up my cart and he insists on doing the adjustments in his shop....where I am not present to observe what he does.

Please help!
jefffelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Drive PTV Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffelton View Post
I have a brand new 2011 PTV. The dealer supposedly turned off the regen braking...and said he maximized the speed using the Genius 2 software. The problem is the cart is still very slow (max speed about 10 mph on a flat surface) and still has the "anti-roll away" feature on that limits ability to coast at slow speeds.

Does my dealer know what he is doing? Can the Genius 2 software actually be used to turn off the "anti-roll away"? Can I actually get a speed close to 19 mph?

How can I get the Genius 2 software to adjust myself? My dealer is about 50 miles away...and he charges me $50 every time he picks up my cart and he insists on doing the adjustments in his shop....where I am not present to observe what he does.

Please help!
Several thoughts. If the dealer uploaded the PTV code (and the controller took it) it should go 19 mph or very close. Some take several tries to upload and we always "read" the setting after the upload to verify it. Also test drive it, you can tell the differance. The PTV upgrade will take away the "regenitive brakeing feature", but not "anti run away". You can buy the infared reader, but you will need a PDA with the software for the upload. I beleive Roady had his for sale at one time, might PM him about it. As for the dealer wanting to do it at the shop....I also have gone that route, for many reasons. 50.00 for 50 mile round trip seems fair, but not if the job wasn't done correctly. Maybe you should talk to them about the low speed and work with them on a "call back" situation. Also go to the shop and verify the speed upgrade before the car is brought back. Just some suggestions. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
jefffelton
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your ideas. I am new and don't how how to "PM" anyone yet. Is Roady...Roady89?
jefffelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

That cart is advertised to do 19 mph, you should have them make it right or get another one. (edit, I see its an "ad-on" to do 19 mph) I think the PTV has lights and everything to make it street legal. 10 mph sounds like a regular cart.

You should have noticed if it was done properly. Like smallblock said, you need to make sure it actually has taken the update. I can't count how many times there was a communication error or failed to programs or read the settings. I always had to hold the 2 IR devices within a few inches to get good communication.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Yes
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You have to have 3 posts to pm someone. I sold my programmer though so.....
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjust speed, genius 2, ptv, slow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha