lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
intocarss
Not Yet Wild

Default another question ..towing

I am thinking of borrowing a yamaha 36volt cart to tow my 3100# race car. The batteries are trojan milage masters and I believe are 2001's (pic of date code bellow)

My question is... will I kill the batteries using this cart to tow and run around all weekend since they appear to be 10 years old? THANK YOU

intocarss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
intocarss
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: another question ..towing

Maybe these batteries are 2008's?? I8 code??
Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

If you are towing a load like that, the cart needs to be on a charger at night. Is there an outlet you can borrow for the night?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
intocarss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
If you are towing a load like that, the cart needs to be on a charger at night. Is there an outlet you can borrow for the night?
YES I CAN CHARGE IT. MAYBE NOT ALL NIGHT, BUT IN BETWEEN ROUNDS AND FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE AND AFTER RACING.

THANKS I JUST DON'T WANT TO KILL THE LIFE IN THEM AND HAVE TO BUY NEW BATTERIES FOR THE GUY.. THEY (THE BATTERIES) ARE 2008'S I AM TOLD

sorry for the caps
Old 05-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

You won't hurt the batteries, if the voltage gets too low the cart will start to shudder and the controller will drop out.
If you're demanding lots of torque from this thing make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.
Check for hot cables and connections after you tow with it once to make sure all is OK.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
intocarss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
You won't hurt the batteries, if the voltage gets too low the cart will start to shudder and the controller will drop out.
If you're demanding lots of torque from this thing make sure the battery connections are clean and tight.
Check for hot cables and connections after you tow with it once to make sure all is OK.
Thanks for your help, the lil old cart worked great
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha