lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Project BaggedXelem

Aight guys....finally getting around to this.
Pretty stoked. Been getting lots of advice and I'm ready to go.

Plans so far:
Motor sent to Plum Quick (Moar Powwa!!!)
Baggin' this biotch.....just want it lower then able to lift it up....actually, slammed would be awesome..but I don't want to do a bunch of work.
08+ Full Caddy grill glassed up front
All new electrical wire up (LEDs and whatnot)
Big stereo plans....that'll be the last part

Here is a first day photo:

Here is the grill to show you scale:

Here is what I did over the weekend:

cartmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Project BaggedXelem

Good luck on the project and keep us updated with pics.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Will do....i'm super excited.....pics will be coming weekly
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

looks like a pretty good start so far. Keep us posted on this one. I see you sent the motor off to PQ to be rebuilt was this a choice or were you not able to get a replacment motor? I want a little more speed out of mine too just didn't know what my options were yet. I want to get mine back together then get the motor taken care of over the winter.

Keep up the good work, and take lots of pics!

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
looks like a pretty good start so far. Keep us posted on this one. I see you sent the motor off to PQ to be rebuilt was this a choice or were you not able to get a replacment motor? I want a little more speed out of mine too just didn't know what my options were yet. I want to get mine back together then get the motor taken care of over the winter.

Keep up the good work, and take lots of pics!

Arin
I sent it to PQ because I wasn't sure what I had (since Melex's are awesome and have tonz or parts available) :( :(
He said since my motor is a thin can, it can't handle the power most bigger cans can....so I'm getting the bandit upgrade.

As long as it's faster than normal, I'm happy....although, I'd like 40+ mph..this will have to do for a free cart.

Batteries are getting reconditioned right now and I plan on starting on the suspension mods this week. Going at the rear first as the shocks have shown up....then doing the front!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Anybody have any recommendations on the controller?
Getting a PQ Bandit upgrade and batteries reconditioned.
I'm assuming this is the stock controller.....more than likely would be better to upgrade yes? I guess I can always install the motor back in and see what it does....but I'm the kind of guy that sees old, and thinks it needs to be new....could be wrong on this one!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #7
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Got the rear leafs off to try something out....removing all the little guys and flipping the main on to see where I'm at.

If being this low is wrong....I don't wanna be right

Only problem with this setup is I'd need to find a crazy small air shock......hmmm....back to the drawing board
Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
BLakeside
Gone Wild

If you cut the upper shock mount off and flip it up and reweld it you can use the stock length shock. I think there is enough clearance so it won't hit the body. I moved the axle on my 512e aft 3.25 inches by moving the shackle mts.
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good progress so far, instead of flipping the spring why not try going spring under axle. I don't think you are going to get the ride you want that way. most of the time flipping a spring that way doesn't work and it's like having no suspension at all. I would try to either remove the axle pads or getting new ones and relocating them to the bottom side of the axle and put the spring under. thus lowering the cart maybe not as drastically but it will lower it with out a whole lot of fab work.

Just a thought.

Arin

Last edited by BumbleBee; 08-16-2011 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: I suck at grammar.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
cartmann32
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks Bumble
We're going to try with the springs flipped, cause the brake cable bracket is under the leaf mount on the other side of the axle...and how it directly connects to the brakes there, would make it difficult to re-do.
So we're going to try it first and then if it doesn't work, we'll be going a different direction.

Our thinking process on this on is the leafs will be there JUST for rigidity....and the monster air shocks will support the wieght.....i'm not too worried about the ride.....it's a bagged golf cart that will be more for looks than anything.

Tags
air ride, bagged, melex
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex