lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
redskinfan72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Disable governor

I am new to this thread and I just bought my 2006 Yamaha 48V today! I need to disable the governor. The cart has plenty of power but when you depress the pedal about half way thats all there is...from the halfway point to the floor there is no increase in power. I have another related question as well. Approx how long does it take to charge this cart? 12hours? 24 hours? I guess I just wondered what was "Normal" I hope someone on here can answer my questions...Thanks Rick
redskinfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Disable governor

Welcome to the Fourm Rick. I have the same exact Golf cart as you, Because I looked on Yamaha Golf car.com any under 2006 they only have 1 Electric Model. You have a 2006 Yamaha G22E. I have that same model but a 2002. I can tell you that those golf carts do not have a Governor. Its probably nothing Major. Sounds like an easy fix. I will look online and see if I can Help. Good Luck and Welcome,

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Disable governor

Woah wait a Minute. I've Got the Answer for you. There's nothing wrong with your Cart Its normal. A lot of the newer golf carts now come with a regenerative breaking system It slows the cart down when riding on hills, and flat ground. You will find when you ride down a hill and you floor it it will stop at a certain speed and it wont let you go any further. It Feels like its holding you back when going down a Hill. Sorry about my last answer I didnt think of the Regen motors. If you want it to Go faster you Can Upgrade your Motor and Controller. But MAKE SURE if you upgrade your Motor and Controller ALWAYS Buy a (REGEN MOTOR) and a (REGEN CONTROLLER) for YOUR CART.

Have fun with your New Cart,

Matt
Old 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
redskinfan72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Disable governor

Thanks Matt I appreciate it....What is a "Normal" time for this cart to come to a full charge? I know there are probably a lot of factors that influence it...but lets say it was almost dead....12hours?
redskinfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Re: Disable governor

Probably somewhere around 5-6. Its been awhile because I haven't drove my batteries dead in a year. Or drove the cart at all for that matter. I'm still fixing it.

Rough Guess.

Matt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha