lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Found the fuse,new problems

Now we have solenoid closing and cart ran just fine,drove it this morning,stopped and now no go fwd or reverse.solenoid still activating,now I think we are going to find out what blew that fuse..Hey Camaro any ideas ??
Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Found the fuse,new problems

Have you ohmed out the two black diodes that are in line next to that fuse you changed...should only get a reading one way....they look like little black boxes...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep,did that yesteday,I'm pretty sure I'm down to a bad F&R working good right now after brake clean and wd-40.What is a source for old Yami parts my dist does not show new F&R before g-16?Dave
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The Yamaha part number is JF3-82917-01-00 and retails for $233.35 at my shop in Plant City, FL...aftermarket cost from nivel part number 6852 retails for $496.00 so I would def get directly from a Yami dealer...
Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanx again Camaro,you are way into Yamahas,this cart may not be worth the money or the effort,funny how some of these customers will buy a POS with a pretty paint job and think they bought a new cart,but being in FL I'm sure you deal with alot of it...Dave
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Anytime bud...and yeah I see alot of beautiful carts with not so beautiful guts...but hey to each his own...
Old 07-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Might try this, disconnect the shift switch connection (yellow/black-put positive meter led on it, yellow-put negative meter lead on it), with the meter on continuity ,move the f/r lever forward, then reverse-should have continuity, nuetral no continuity. Do NOT buy an aftermarket f/r switch, I promise, will be sorry. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smallblock,not sure I follow what you are saying ??The F&R is a 4 cable arrangement,red from the solenoid and 3 black cables to motor ,no yellow or should I be looking somewhere else ??Dave
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
Smallblock,not sure I follow what you are saying ??The F&R is a 4 cable arrangement,red from the solenoid and 3 black cables to motor ,no yellow or should I be looking somewhere else ??Dave
I'm sorry Dave, for some reason, I thought you had a G16-e, please forgive my "altimers/old age"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its ok Dude I got the same problem,I have found there isn't much responce over here on the Yami side.Whoa !!! is this maybe like the DARK SIDE ?? Where is Lord Scotty Bwalker when you need him ??Thanx for the responce have a great night!! Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha