lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
RAcounterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 1987 Yamaha G2 project

Well i just aquired this cart for free. Didn't even know what it was, but thanks to this forum ive figured out make, model, and year. serial number: J41-031565. The pictures of it are here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...kind-cart.html My intesnions are to fully restore it. As well as add a bunch of custom touches, dash, dimond plate flooring, head and tail lights, radio, and all the other fun cosmetic fixings. Definitly going to scrap out the 1902 resistor coil technology and upgrade to solid state controller and completly rewire everything top to bottem, front to back. My questions are as follows, will that origional motor handel the 48v, and 400amp controller upgrade, or should i just figure on replacing the motor. no lift or big tires on the cart. not used to towing, hauling or pulling steep inclines, will hold up to 4 passengers and a beer cooler or two though. Also any suggestions to websites for aftermarket parts, dash kits, supspension, ect. any and all suggestions helpfull. thanks in advance!
RAcounterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1987 Yamaha G2 project

Talk to Scottyb on here about his conversion kits, he has them for Club Car and EZ GOs but I don't know if it'll work on a Yamaha. He's the one that could tell you more about it.

As far as the diamond plate floor, I wouldn't do it if it were my cart. That stuff gets SLICK when it gets wet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAcounterman View Post
Also any suggestions to websites for aftermarket parts, dash kits, supspension, ect. any and all suggestions helpfull. thanks in advance!
Any of these places are good to deal with:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
RAcounterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok I'll track him down then! Thanks. In reality, the parts don't have to be specifically for a Yamaha. I'm going to rewire everything, and rip out the the existing cave man resistor coil set up to allow room for more batteries. It'll all be a custom build so plug and play accessories isn't needed. I'll fab up brackets and what have to to make things work or relocate stuff. Also here is some pics of the sweet ride. Haven't found a cart anywhere with a big long flintstone looking roof like the one that's on this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-20 10.39.21(1).jpg (286.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-20 10.39.03.jpg (176.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-20 12.03.12(1).jpg (292.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shoot me an email or call me again tomorrow, sorry today was so crazy when you called.
We can definitely help you drag that cart into the 21st century
Judging by pic #3 it should be a fairly straight forward adaptation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

What you thinking Scotty? Curtis controller (400-750 amps), PB-6 pot box, high amp solenoid, 2 or 4 gauge wireing? Can you fix the stock f/r switch contacts for higher amperage?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
RAcounterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Judging by pic #3 it should be a fairly straight forward adaptation.
By straight forward you mean rip out everything, throw it in the garbage and start over!? Which is fine by me I'm going to tear every nut bolt and washer, strip and repaint, some minor repair to the body, obviously rewire from scratch, add head and tail lights, dash kit, radio, an overhead light (like and interior light, [requested by the Mrs.]) still pondering a suspension. I may fab up a fully adjustable air set up just for fun. Currently its 1/2 inch box steel in place of where the shocks were from someone lowering it, which is fine until you hit a pebble in the road doing all of 7 mph and spill your beer. and that's just not tolerable in my book. id like to really try and get a good number on how much $$$ it'll take to bring this old girl back to and above the glory days! thanks for the help everyone.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
RAcounterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
What you thinking Scotty? Curtis controller (400-750 amps), PB-6 pot box, high amp solenoid, 2 or 4 gauge wireing? Can you fix the stock f/r switch contacts for higher amperage?
No matter what i'm going to build all the higher amp circuits from 2 gauge. eliminates any undersize issue but mostly, leaves me room for future improvements, muhaha. That f\r switch is definitely a concern, if it cant be beefed up, its getting replaced w something better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha