lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
bcpc43
Not Yet Wild

Default charger errors

I have a 2009 Par car that I think has a charger problem. When I plug it in it will run for appeox. 6 hrs and then give me a 4 blink red light, I unplug it for abouut 15 mins and when I plug it back in it goes to a full charge green light. The batteries test at 6.2/6.3 volts and the water level is right. I have a filling system installed. Is there something other then the charger I should be looking at? The dealer who sold me the cart no longer sells them and hasn't got a clue.

Thank You
bcpc43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: charger errors

Four flash indicates a potential battery issue. I've attached the operator manual for the charger which shows how to check each battery and cell.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Guide_Operator_Delta_Q_719465_05.pdf (123.8 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
bcpc43
Not Yet Wild

Thank you

I have that manual already. By unpluggung the charger, waiting a few minutes and repluging it in, it goes all the way to green. As I Said, the voltage is at 6+. The local dealer(who no longer sells them) changed the charger code to Interstate batteries( I have US2200) due to a overheating charger problem. The overheating is gone but the error lights remain.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Then make sure they set algorithm to 11, don't trust they did. And them follow the troubleshooting by testing each battery and cell individually. Check load test an specific gravity readings.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
bcpc43
Not Yet Wild

Thank you
How do I check the algorithm? It's not in any of my material.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Disconnect the b+. Then Pluf in charger. The led at the 80% mark should blink. Count the blinks. You should be at 11 which will be one bling then a short pause and another blink followed be a long pause. It repeats for ten seconds.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
bcpc43
Not Yet Wild

All Iget when I remove the b+ is an imediate red light - 2 flashes for low voltage. I checked again but I don't know how to check the "specific gravity".

Tags
error lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar