lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
dieseldan420
Not Yet Wild

Default dieseldan420

I have a Tomberlin EMERGE 2 2010 model.

I am having a problem where the cart comes to a stop for no apparent reason, while traveling at cruise speed. it acts as if somebody turned the Key Off ( All I can't be sure of that because I have never tried turning the key off while traveling.) But I can decribe the problem as the motor shuts down and the electric motor brake engages. After the vehicle comes to a stop i have no trouble stepping on the accelerator and the cart operates normally until the next time this intermittent problem manifests it's seld. I doesn't make a difference what range the key switch is in (IE High or Low Speed range). I thought maybe it was the emergency brake not all the way down, so i used a bungee to assure the brake handle remains all the way down. Operating in that situation several days went by before the problem re-occurred. Un fortunately the problem has returned, and is becoming more prevelent. I may try adjusting the Brake cut out switch. Any other suggestions. Does anyone know where I can get a Maintenance manual for my EMERGE?
dieseldan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
JimVA
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

Default Re: dieseldan420

This may help ...
http://www.mobiletomberlin.net/downl...010-2011-1.pdf
JimVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
dieseldan420
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: dieseldan420

Thanks a Bunch for this service manual. This should be a big help.
will get my multi meter out tomorrow and see what develops. Already checked emergency brake switch rigging. Found No problem there, but condition is more prevalent each time I drive it. Strange thing is when it shuts down (motor brake sets) as soon as the cart comes to complete stop. - - I can step on the accelerator and it operates normally; some times for miles and other time only a few blocks.
dieseldan420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tomberlin shuts down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin