lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
dmax27
Getting Wild

Default I'm having a power drop off problem with my 48 volt Zone Electric cart.

My 2010 Zone Electric cart is cutting out on me when I press the accelerator. It has full power then cuts to about 5 miles an hour. It was fine when I pulled it out the garage this spring. I think it got wet Fromm the sprinkler system. Be checked the batteries and connections. They are clean and tight. There are no codes on the Curtis Controller. I'm going to check the speed controller. Does anyone have any suggestions what it might be?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Dmax27

After checking the wires and connections the Curtis Controller is flashing 2-4.
dmax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm having a power drop off problem with my 48 volt Zone Electric cart.

check connection at speed sensor
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: I'm having a power drop off problem with my 48 volt Zone Electric cart.

No code history at all, that would be a first.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
intrepidz
Not Yet Wild

The YouTube video is of my house. I lost everything in my home on that summer day 8/13/2012. If you have a zone cart in your garage, get it out of there. Only park it where it would not catch anything you care about catching on fire. It doesn't even need to be plugged in to blow a battery. I read on another forum about a guy backing down a driveway and blowing a hole on the top of a battery.
There have been many fires, but you are not going to find them due to settlement agreements. These owners cannot talk about them. I have not settled with them. I’m only asking for what my insurance didn't pay for and they are fighting to not pay anything. They know there is a problem and are not contacting anyone to warn them of the dangers. I’m warning you right now!

I’m a shift worker and came home at 6:00 am, hit the shower and tried to go to bed. It was summer and my wife and two kids were home sleeping. Lucky for me the batteries made a lot of noise when they were exploding. I went to see what the noise was and found the two carts on fire in my garage. Had the fire started a little later I would have been asleep. Had it started in the middle of the night, who would have been there to wake my family up? I could have lost all of them. I just don’t know what else to say.
Please don’t risk your family’s lives with one of these ZONEs parked in your garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAVOP2hBmzc

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8771276

http://www.click2houston.com/news/pa...-fire/21025000
intrepidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
bgw70
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax27 View Post
My 2010 Zone Electric cart is cutting out on me when I press the accelerator. It has full power then cuts to about 5 miles an hour. It was fine when I pulled it out the garage this spring. I think it got wet Fromm the sprinkler system. Be checked the batteries and connections. They are clean and tight. There are no codes on the Curtis Controller. I'm going to check the speed controller. Does anyone have any suggestions what it might be?

Dmax27

did you resolve your problem?
do you have original batteries?
have you verified all of the cells are covered with water?
my cart was doing something similar and it turned out to be the batteries.
actually one of the batteries had a bad cell. the fully charged 6V battery was only putting out ~4.2V
New US250HC XC batteries cost me $126 each.
bgw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
btate
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2010 Star cart, and find now that my mileage range from a fresh charge has dropped dramatically. I have the original batteries in the cart. So they are now four years old. Is it time to change them? I got stuck in town the other day and was pretty embarrassed!
btate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You answered your own question for sure. But before, charge them till charger cuts off, check pack and individual voltage 12 hours later, and load test, drive with a digital volt attached to the pack first then each battery, should tell you what you need to do. 2 volt drop is ok .
Remember to buy highest amp batteries you can afford, more lead more run time. Hope this helps.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #8
btate
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Beachcart!
btate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #9
lakerattx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax27 View Post

Dmax27

I had the same problem on my Zone cart. It turned out to be due to moisture in the speed sensor wiring connector. This is an easy fix. Remove the passenger rear wheel and look up inside the wheel well. The speed sensor is connected to the end of the motor shaft. Find and disconnect the harness. (mine was full of water). Allow it to dry and fill it with dielectric grease. The connector is a POS and should probably be replaced with a more water resistant one.

The controller will only flash one code at a time, so chances are you also had a speed sensor error waiting to display

Last edited by lakerattx; 04-18-2016 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: update
lakerattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #10
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the post. Other than that, how is your Zone cart holding up and how long have you owned it?
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay