lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #11
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Default Re: Considering 2017 Bad Boy "Textron Recoil". Should I do it?

Yeah they ride great. They are SOOO quiet too. We like our Polaris EV’s except for all the noises. The Recoil IS (soon to be Prowler EV IS) is extremely stealthy and rides great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sawtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #12
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Anything new here??? Picked mine up on 10/12.. Used it in Kansas on a 2 week hunt. It did everything it was supposed to do. Been using it here in Ohio to fill feeders and just run around the "hood"...
I notice that it's great until it comes off the "F" mark and then the power drops rapidly. Also, the weight distribution sucks for going up hills. Needs more front end weight.
Have we found anyplace to get accessories for them? I would like some kind of rear wind shield/wind blocker.. better storage system/containment for the dash/glovebox area.
What modifications has anyone done to theirs?
So far i've added the front rack/basket
ITP SS Rims
26x9-12 & 26x12-12 Dirt tamer tires
Modified an atv rack side bars to fit the rear cargo/foot well area
NO slip tape on the slippery fold down bed area

20171020_130142 by F G, on Flickr
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Nice Looking
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #14
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Default Considering 2017 Bad Boy "Textron Recoil". Should I do it?

I’m still loving my Recoil IS. Racking up the hours and miles now as it gets used 3 or so days a week. Again two weak points are poor 4 wheel drive performance especially going up hills and poor side hill stability. Buggy also feels like it leans badly on side hills. Other than that it’s proven very reliable and is super quiet. Even much more so than our Polaris EV’s due to their noisy electric motor whine. But the EV’s have a lot better traction and are a good bit more stabile on side hills.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #15
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
Anything new here??? Picked mine up on 10/12.. Used it in Kansas on a 2 week hunt. It did everything it was supposed to do. Been using it here in Ohio to fill feeders and just run around the "hood"...
I notice that it's great until it comes off the "F" mark and then the power drops rapidly. Also, the weight distribution sucks for going up hills. Needs more front end weight.
Have we found anyplace to get accessories for them? I would like some kind of rear wind shield/wind blocker.. better storage system/containment for the dash/glovebox area.
What modifications has anyone done to theirs?
So far i've added the front rack/basket
ITP SS Rims
26x9-12 & 26x12-12 Dirt tamer tires
Modified an atv rack side bars to fit the rear cargo/foot well area
NO slip tape on the slippery fold down bed area

20171020_130142 by F G, on Flickr

By the way weight on the front end doesn’t help. Problem is for some reason more power is applied to the front than the rear. You will soon notice if you don’t already that the front always spins easier than the rear. From what I can tell it’s like 65-70% power goes to the front vs the rear. Next time your on a steep incline and when you have another person with you find a very steep hill and purposefully stop then floor it (with other person watching from the rear) and you will be surprised to see that’s it’s impossible to make the back wheels spin. This is why traction is limited on these buggies.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #16
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

How's everyone loving their Bad Boys? Since i've moved to Indiana, i'm now living in a subdivision where most people have golf carts, the Bad Boy has now become a subdivision cruiser.. heck, I even washed it the other day
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 12:18 PM   #17
onewheelcop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
By the way weight on the front end doesn’t help. Problem is for some reason more power is applied to the front than the rear. You will soon notice if you don’t already that the front always spins easier than the rear. From what I can tell it’s like 65-70% power goes to the front vs the rear. Next time your on a steep incline and when you have another person with you find a very steep hill and purposefully stop then floor it (with other person watching from the rear) and you will be surprised to see that’s it’s impossible to make the back wheels spin. This is why traction is limited on these buggies.

The Controllers deliver equal power to both motors. The issue is, quite simply there is far less weight over the front tires.
I have actually programmed the front controller to give the front motor 40% of the power, and 60% goes to the rear. Helps tremendously!
onewheelcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!