lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #11
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS lithium upgrade and 4-Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post

Bet you'd never guess where they came from

[emoji6]
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Repainted the battery tray tonight with a few coats of Rustoleum enamel and cut 3 peices of flat 1/8" aluminium. I'll rivet those in place under each of the aluminum plates for extra support just in case. You know, like a belt for suspenders.
20180905_201953.jpg
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Bet you'd never guess where they came from
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
[emoji6]
Oh wait... Was it.... Or maybe it was.....Yeah, it had to be..... I guess it could be.... Yep, talked to him after you called.... Best decision you could have made!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #14
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m curious to see what you do for the 4 link. I’ve been considering something along those lines myself. I have a factory track bar, which helps. But I haven’t convinced myself on a plan of attack. I also want to come up with a front sway bar. But finding one only 20-30” wide is near impossible.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:13 AM   #15
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

The 4 link's going to be a trial and error kinda of deal I think, unless the plan in my head is absolutely perfect (with my track record, probably not). I've measured many times and think it'll work. We'll just have to find out.

The plan's to have parallel bars below the axle and triangulated bars above with my coilovers spaced as far apart as possible to give the most stability.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:24 AM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Oh wait... Was it.... Or maybe it was.....Yeah, it had to be..... I guess it could be.... Yep, talked to him after you called.... Best decision you could have made!
That's right!

I got a feeling you're not going to like my top cover too much though
Old 09-06-2018, 05:41 AM   #17
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

NCPW. How did those plates fit? I think your "unmentioned person" used the measurements from my build. I used foil tape to close up the gaps not filled by the plates. As I can attest from this past weekend, it kept the water out nicely. Can't wait to follow your progress. I was too chicken to try assembly on my own.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
That's right!

I got a feeling you're not going to like my top cover too much though
NO!!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
NCPW. How did those plates fit?
Hank showed me your design and templates - professional all the way!! (And I wouldn't expect anything less from an FSU guy...)
Old 09-06-2018, 07:55 AM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
NCPW. How did those plates fit? I think your "unmentioned person" used the measurements from my build. I used foil tape to close up the gaps not filled by the plates. As I can attest from this past weekend, it kept the water out nicely. Can't wait to follow your progress. I was too chicken to try assembly on my own.
Hank, I took your measurements and they were spot on with about a 1/8-3/16" wiggle room, which was perfect. You did an awesome job with your measurements.

The back plate was great side to side but the only difference between your '90 and my '99 DS that I didn't realize at the time was how the front back supports mount. I have a curve the prevented the back plate from sitting flush against the supports. I looked at yours and the back support mounts don't have the same curve in them that mine do. It's there to give the back of my bench seat extra support so I didn't feel comfortable cutting them like yours and just depending on the body to support the weight of me and a passenger.
Backplate.jpg

I hated to do it because he did such an awesome job fabbing the back plate, but I had to cut about an inch off of the plate from each side that fits down between the 2 I-beams of the frame to get it to fit properly. It turned out fine using my jigsaw with a DeWalt metal blade and taking my time.

The foil tape is a great idea and I'll use that to enclose all the gaps I can once I'm done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium