lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #11
rdgrav
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ergo rxv problems

Ok I think I am on to something. I tested all 4 batteries and they were all 12-13 volts.....battery 1-2= 26..... batteries 1-3=38....batteries 1-4=0.....batteries 3-4=0..... I change another wire that i knew what was good and from batteries 3-4 still checked to 0....... I don’t know where to go from here
rdgrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Batteries installed in incorrect orientation? Can you post a pic looking down at the entire pack as installed?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #13
rdgrav
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech...... you are right battery 4 is the wrong orientation. Thanks for all of your help.... stupid me
Old 12-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Batteries installed in incorrect orientation? Can you post a pic looking down at the entire pack as installed?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #15
rdgrav
Not Yet Wild

Yurtle..... I just stalled the bTteries backwards on my cart... do you think I am capable of installing pics on this forum...... just what I said battery 4 is on nstalled bacwards.... I did not fix my cart yet due to me having to remove all of the batteries but I am pretty sure this is the problem..... currently I have all 4 of my negative wires hooked up to a positive post
I really do t know why you would post such a stupid *** comment like yours
Old 12-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #16
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrav View Post
Yurtle..... I just stalled the bTteries backwards on my cart... do you think I am capable of installing pics on this forum...... just what I said battery 4 is on nstalled bacwards.... I did not fix my cart yet due to me having to remove all of the batteries but I am pretty sure this is the problem..... currently I have all 4 of my negative wires hooked up to a positive post
Because the people you are asking for help from could help you a little more if you had pictures. Sounds to me like you might just have the positive and negative cables from the pack swapped. Are you saying the cable labeled negative is on a positive post? As long as the negative from one battery is connected to the positive on the next they're alright, wires themselves are not polarity sensitive.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

rdgrav, if they are hooked the wrong way i wouldn't let them just sit there that way. Unhook them all until you can get them right.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think only one battery (hopefully) was installed incorrectly. If that's the case, the controller was just seeing low voltage. Not total reverse polarity. Chill out here people, rdgrav included..... If you only installed one battery backwards, you likely didnt kill everything. Just correct that mistake, then charge the one 12v battery up to match the correctly installed ones, and hope for the best. If you have 4 12v batteries in series, and one is backwards, the system should see 24v total, instead of 48v. (The backward one would "cancel out" one battery of equal voltage while it was backwards). So, if you charged them in this configuration, the one that was backwards is pretty mad right now. Charge it correctly with a 12v car charger to get it back to the level of the others. And new guy with 7 posts, please don't stay mad at folks who saw your mistake, no harm was intended. No *** words were needed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #19
rdgrav
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech was correct......I had one battery installed the wrong way therefore it was wired wrong. I’m not sure if it matters but the battery that was backwards was the last battery in the series..that being said I had all the negative wire that come from my cart hooked up to a positive post on the battery.....right now I am charging just the battery that was installed correctly however I think my charger protected that battery because when I charged the cart my charger only read 5 dc not 17 anyway my cart is working fine..... thanks again for all of your help
Old 12-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrav View Post
Because I'm a stupid a$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
C'mon, I only posted a standard "Smiley" that is on this forum. Notice they are all happily smiling?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO