lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #91
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My new hot rod . . . golf cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
You do great work!

I agree
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
DANG .... Looking SHARP.

I like the tail light on the fender with the point going up. Just my 0.02˘.
Thanks!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #92
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb713 View Post
I can't wait to see this thing all put together.

There has been a LOT of good Old Fashioned work put into that thing.

I am working on shaping out a new body for mine. (When I get a few free hours here and there). Shaping it out of foam, then glass it with epoxy resin.

Going for a '56 Ford F-100.
Do you have a build thread for this? Sounds awesome. I had a ‘54 F100 at one point. Great looking body.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:08 AM   #93
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Do you have a build thread for this? Sounds awesome. I had a ‘54 F100 at one point. Great looking body.
you can buy a body kit like that off the shelf, actually its a
'56. personally I would love having a real p/u GC.

56truck.jpg 56REAR.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #94
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
you can buy a body kit like that off the shelf, actually its a
'56. personally I would love having a real p/u GC.

Attachment 204375 Attachment 204376
Yes .. I know I can. But that body kit is $6K and since I have a Columbia ParCar, there will have to be modifications to it as no one makes aftermarket bodies for the ParCar. Besides ... It is more of a passion and challenge to see if I can do it. I like that body that you have shown, but I have a few issues with it. Mostly, I think that the rear fenders should be as tall as the front, which those are not.

I don't currently have pictures up yet as I don't have a lot of free time and it is going slowly. Working full time and taking care of the family and Mother In-laws take up most of my time when I am not at work. Plus, right now, Over-time is just about mandatory. The RV industry is booming like mad with everyone not wanting to fly for their vacations right now. So we are slammed at work.

When I get far enough along, I will post pictures. Right now I have the front clip about 85% shaped out the way I want it. It just takes time for glue to dry and so forth when I realize that more needs to be added here and there, so I can only do so much at a time.

I LOVE it when MY WIFE leaves me alone in the garage.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:47 PM   #95
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Update time. Got the car sitting on its own two feet and started reassembly. It is a slow process as we went to the beach for the 4th. I had HOPED to have this cart ready, but supply chain issues slowed down parts arrivals. And I am just getting my butt kicked by this ACG wiring harness. I am seriously considering switching everything over to Club Car style wiring like I am more familiar with. If anyone is parting out a series DS, let me know. Here is some pic updates...

Got the patina finished and clear coat on. Repainted the grille background color. Then painted the underside and dash orange. Wanted a background color with some contrast.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:53 PM   #96
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Then the body found its way back on the chassis. New bushing were installed. Painted all of the suspension parts. Got the suspension back on and it finally touched land again. Then I cut a big old hole in that freshly repaired and smoothed dash. For the radio I went with the Kicker KMC2 Marine Grade Gauge Mount media center receiver with Bluetooth. I wanted something with a little chrome to give it that “art-deco” feel of a period correct speedometer. Plus with no roof I need a little weather resistance. It will run 200 watts and has a multitude of input options. Speaker and subwoofer update coming soon
Old 07-07-2020, 11:02 PM   #97
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Next I was back to the taillights. All that effort to fill in the taillight holes and I cut new holes right back in it. Nothing sucks more than cutting holes in fresh painted parts. Although, mine weren't shiny. Just an ol' rat rod. :)
Old 07-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #98
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Then I got the column painted pearl white and added the banjo steering wheel that I bought last winter from Forever Sharp.

And ... as promised I went with a 15” Smoothie steel wheel from Coker Tire with a Ford center cap and thin trim ring. I also found a low profile Coker wide whitewall that matched the previous tires specs. I touched on the math early in this build thread (to determine what would fit)

I don’t believe the 15” rim was offered in a 4x100 pattern so I elected to use a 5x4.5” ford pattern and I purchased converters online to go from the 4x100 to 5x4.5". This also gives me a popular and desirable rim for rat rodders if I decided I didn’t like them and wanted to sell. 4x100 rims would have been boat anchors on marketplace.

Who wants to see them installed?!?!?
Old 07-08-2020, 05:02 AM   #99
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #100
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

What size of head lights are those? I've been looking for something like those to work into my project, but can't seem to find anything but 7" diameter. I think that 7" lights for mine may be too large.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides