lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 10:14 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460 discontinued

I am hoping they will still do install kits, rods, pistons and billet S/G pulleys. I guess we will see. It also looks like Aaron is no longer involved. He was the one that was active here with advice.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

IIRC you have to submit the engine to the EPA testing to get it certified unless someone has already done so, so no way VC is going to afford that. They sold a lot of them to gokart guys too so I look for someone like NR to sell them yet. Most people want an engine they put in and it all works like stock with more power and the 625 does that. People beat the 460 and broke them VC had problems with that, when you sell a 6K rpm lawn motor its not exactly something you can stand behind its a performance engine. VC does work for others non GC stuff which he may be doing well with hard to say. Geoff is one of the very few who went and made GC stuff I'm really glad he did. I'd like a 460 too but my 420 keeps running no problem and I don't really want to store a back up for no reason plus I've been busy with other issues.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Geoff really changed the whole golf cart engine swap game. If it wasn't for VC I would probably riding around with the redone G 14 engine. I am not sure back in 2014 I had the confidence to conjure up an engine swap without a kit. Of course after the Suzi swap it became obvious that you can do anything if you want to put the time in it.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

He really did, I have a lot of parts from him lol. My 420 is a lot more fun to run also. I welded up my lifts and swaps but I've done that before, however it takes a while to figure it out the kits save you a lot of time.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:30 AM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see others on here that have done bikes and cars and are a little leery about doing mods to their carts But we progress along the learning curve as we do more. Tons of fun AND you don't have to worry about driving it to work in the morning
Old 08-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #16
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I agree with everyone, Looks like Vegas Carts is getting more into the fabrication of parts and kits. I don't disagree with their decision, after all, business is business. The 460 is a good engine. Too bad they couldn't make it work and keep selling and supporting it.
This is exactly their direction. I spoke with Ivan yesterday and I questioned about this as now BOTH the 460 and the 625 has disappeared from the website. He said Geoff is working on licensing the 460 and 625 to another company to import and sell. They are going to focus on the kits for the predators and vtwins. I asked about replacement parts and he didn’t say for sure but sounded like once what they have is gone they will be done with them and that the new supplier should be able to supply the spare parts as-well. I asked about NR Racing as they list the 460 on their site with exact same info and price- he advised they were a “dealer” for them and basically those engines were drop shipped from Vegas carts. So with no stock at VC they cannot sell them either. I asked if NR would be licensing the 460 and or the 625 but he was not sure on the details. He said Geoff would be posting an update regarding this on the website sometime very soon.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:59 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
This is exactly their direction. I spoke with Ivan yesterday and I questioned about this as now BOTH the 460 and the 625 has disappeared from the website. He said Geoff is working on licensing the 460 and 625 to another company to import and sell. They are going to focus on the kits for the predators and vtwins. I asked about replacement parts and he didn’t say for sure but sounded like once what they have is gone they will be done with them and that the new supplier should be able to supply the spare parts as-well. I asked about NR Racing as they list the 460 on their site with exact same info and price- he advised they were a “dealer” for them and basically those engines were drop shipped from Vegas carts. So with no stock at VC they cannot sell them either. I asked if NR would be licensing the 460 and or the 625 but he was not sure on the details. He said Geoff would be posting an update regarding this on the website sometime very soon.
Well, it's going to be a long wait for parts and support, I suppose. That sucks. Boy it didn't take Vegas long to evolve past the engines. That was their main product when they got started. They have really invested a ton of money into machinery in their shop, cnc, pipe benders etc. Fabrication of parts seems like where it's at. Their kits really have gotten super nice from when they started.

I really hope this Corona BS will just get on with it and be over. It's really fking with everything and everyone in one way or another.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #18
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So no more 460 kits for a while. Darn it.
I guess if you want a single cylinder swap, it’s either a predator 420 or duromax 420 or 440 when they are in stock.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Paulscarts had the parts to build a super 460 the last time I checked
Old 08-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
So no more 460 kits for a while. Darn it.
I guess if you want a single cylinder swap, it’s either a predator 420 or duromax 420 or 440 when they are in stock.
NR Racing also sells the 69mm stroker crank and 4.5100” billet rod to convert your 440 to a 460 or 420 to a 440...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps