lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2021, 12:40 AM   #1
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Club Car Caroche D/S build

what do you mean they don't make a caroche D/S??? well heres some pics so you can build one in a weekend or more depending on how nice you want it to be when you are done, I already had my D/S ready to hang the body on. somebody wanted it because they liked the paintjob so we did some trading for two caroche's, after sizing up the rear body and then the cowl I decided the cowl would be the hardest to figure out so I tackled that first, deciding to keep the factory cowl trim would require cutting pie slices in the body and trimming a little bit off of the d/s rockers and a wee bit off of the lower cowl so it would fit like the d/s cowl and trimming along the dash so the body would go under the cowl trim, i still need to cut notches for the bolts that hold the trim piece in place when i get to the bodywork stage of the project. ok on to the rear body. start by cutting the front aluminum body mount and folding it down so that it is flat and when the body is all mounted you can drill thru it and bolt it back together, next is to pie slice the d/s bumper mounts and fold them straight down using a large cresent wrench or pipe wrench will work, now you can re fit the body and decide how much you want to trim off the front, my caroche had emblems on the side so i went lower to make the emblems look straight with the ground cuz I am to lazy to drill new holes I would rather get closer to the ground.so anyway it shoul fit for you now, measure the stuff before you cut, use a straight edge to mark your cuts on the body I plan on putting hinges on the front of the body to service batteries but i am not done with that part yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2167.jpg (124.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2166.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2168.jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2169.jpg (123.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2170.jpg (100.3 KB, 0 views)
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2021, 12:46 AM   #2
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Caroche D/S build

here are some more pic's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2171.jpg (123.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2172.jpg (75.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2173.jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2177.jpg (115.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2178.jpg (94.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2021, 12:53 AM   #3
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

and some more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2179.jpg (80.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2180.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2181.jpg (106.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2182.jpg (95.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2183.jpg (107.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-02-2021, 12:58 AM   #4
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

and I added some quick paint and chrome tape to make a grille, this is all temporary so I can ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2189.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2190.jpg (96.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2193.jpg (103.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 01:02 AM   #5
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

today after work was to size up what it will take to use the shifter that came with the body which I would love to accomplish that so break out the tools and stuff to cut with there is limited room to do anything with on the is cart being a d/s and changing to a chopped and chanelled caroche body so I looked her over and thought about the rules of building a custom golf cart, Hah Ha there are none!!!!! so lets move everything to the drivers side so we can shorten up a bunch of cables and fill up some existing holes in the body and figure out how to make this shifter work. after looking at it for a while I thought hey do 5 8 volt batteries and that will make room then i thought hey change the battery mounts in the center of the cart so I can still have 6 batteries I moved the resistor coils first then reran wiring to neaten it up then the solonoid and just moved the charge port for now till i make sure where it can be fitted, the plan is to hinge the body at the floorpan like an old pargo so it is easy to service. the first 3 pis are what I have to work wit its a 91 cc d/s with a 70 something caroche body unlike any I have ever seen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2206.jpg (152.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2207.jpg (117.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2208.jpg (68.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2169.jpg (123.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2170.jpg (100.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 01:20 AM   #6
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

moving the resistor coils was near impossible lol it was like breaking the rules of building a golf cart, i had previously removed the wheel tubs to switch them out for the squared off ones to better fit the body after it gets mounted and **** the bolts and spacers looked like they would be great to mount the resistor coils and I'll be damned somebody already drilled the holes for me. next step is battery relocation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2209.jpg (148.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2210.jpg (151.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2211.jpg (79.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2212.jpg (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2214.jpg (167.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #7
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

didnt take any pictures today but got the battery tray made and installed. spent some time looking to see where I can put the charge port. how to mount the f n r switch to make it work with the caroche shifter, then I rooted thru my hinge collection to see what I have to mount the body. will get some pics tomorrow or the next day.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #8
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

ok so I braved the cold outside with a portable heater on and cleaned up the wiring to the motor and to the f n r switch, there is about 4 feet of old wiring on the floor and it looks much nicer and the f n r switch sits nicely down in the frame, I will mount it next time and will have to make a metal linkage to go in place of the plastic selector handle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2218.jpg (158.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2219.jpg (164.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2021, 03:09 AM   #9
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

well it rained today but it wasnt cold so i was able to work On the Super Bee, took a piece of angle aluminum and squeezed the body a little bit so it would fit the d/s chassis better then it kinda bowed it up in the middle so I bar clamped it back in place after installing the first two screws. bolted it down to the chassis and tried it out, works good Yay!!!mounted the F n R switch using a piece of angle aluminum. ook the stock plastic gear selector and added a large washer to the inside with part cut off to the inside added a bushing and drilled a hole in it, added a bolt and such to make it have a stud so I could put the linkage to and then added a piece of 3/4" angle iron to the stock shifter lever, after looking at it a while I decided the resistor coils could go back in stock location and did that, not sure whats going to happen with the shift lever when I lift the body so I will see how that goes tomorrow
Old 02-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #10
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

took the green mamba out for a early morning spin, after the batteries warmed up she got faster, 30 mph pretty good for a basicly stock 48 volt club car with full enclosure. got the caroche D/S body hinges mounted and the shifter all hooked up, took her out last night for carts all out and got my *** handed to me the first round v glide by 5 cart lengths, second round got me by 1/4 of a block new something was wrong so we came back to the shop and he put his on charge while I looked for the problem. got to looking and totally forgot to but the main positive battery nut on, now I know why sugarpup wouldnt ride with me she musta smelled failure, put the battery nut on and checked all the others and it was time to run again rockin ron and bree bowed out after the first round on their club car d/s and went home to lick their wounds, joey the wrench showed up but went awal and never took the green citing a driver change and then bookin out when bree and ron switched drivin choresoh well down to V Glide and Kirkeydawg for the final 2 rounds with v Glide leading by 2 after a dryhop leavin the shop i felt good going into round 3 and gave V Glide the wiggle and reeled him in by the first corner and led by 5 cat lenghts at the checkers final round we left side by side anf got him by half a block , the caroche D/S debut was pretty good with a tie to V Glide in slimer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center