lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
Riza
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default old Cushman

Hello, I started a thread before bu I must of start it wrong.
Please help me find the right forward reverse asambly for my old Cushman.
This is my first golf cart. I appreciate any help.
The model is 898110-7510. I am adding a picture of the number incase I am not right.
Please direct me to right spot if this is not the place to ask for help. Thank you in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210330_214754.jpg (214.5 KB, 0 views)
Riza is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help Please

Check with vintagegolfcartparts.com. They have a nice website that has all of these parts cataloged.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
Riza
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Check with vintagegolfcartparts.com. They have a nice website that has all of these parts cataloged.
Check the web but this part discontinued 😞
Old 04-23-2021, 10:43 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Post some pictures of the switch, maybe someone will have suggestion of replacement. I'm not familiar with Cushman, but sometimes other switches will work. Also may want to email some of the site sponsors, they may have something.
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Riza
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I called them and was able to find the parts :) thank you for the recommendation.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #6
Riza
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Post some pictures of the switch, maybe someone will have suggestion of replacement. I'm not familiar with Cushman, but sometimes other switches will work. Also may want to email some of the site sponsors, they may have something.
Will replace these parts, hopefully I can get it going!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210423-105801_Chrome.jpg (57.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210423-110348_Chrome.jpg (59.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2021, 12:42 PM   #7
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

In older carts, there is a lot of corrosion on cables and connections. I would start at the positive cable of battery pack and work your way around system back to negative to pack. clean or replace any and all cables/connections that look sketchy. Even connections that look/feel tight may have corrosion between nut and base not visible that is not making good connection. I've seen a lot of people spend too much money replacing components ($$$$) when it ended up being a bad cable/connection. Takes time, but good investment. Then if you still are having problems, there are many threads here that will tell you how to test individual components. Good luck!
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #8
Riza
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
In older carts, there is a lot of corrosion on cables and connections. I would start at the positive cable of battery pack and work your way around system back to negative to pack. clean or replace any and all cables/connections that look sketchy. Even connections that look/feel tight may have corrosion between nut and base not visible that is not making good connection. I've seen a lot of people spend too much money replacing components ($$$$) when it ended up being a bad cable/connection. Takes time, but good investment. Then if you still are having problems, there are many threads here that will tell you how to test individual components. Good luck!
Thank you so much, this help a lot. I know that those parts will have to be replaced, I found the parts will order them soon. Once hey are on I will be going trough the cables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210330_214818.jpg (444.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210330_214833.jpg (156.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20210423-WA0015.jpg (88.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20210423-WA0009.jpg (168.9 KB, 0 views)

Tags
(1975 cushman golfster)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts