lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2021, 11:31 AM   #1
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Adding turn signals to 2012 RXV

My gated community HOA is now going to require all golf carts that are used on the community roads to have turn signals. I bought my 2012 RXV reconditioned and upgraded in 2015. It has headlights on each side and rears with brake lights. In the corner of the front headlights, looking through the lens, I can see amber turn signal bulbs, but I don't have the turn signals mounted to the steering column. Everything I have read says this should be a simple plug and play modification. My problem is I am being told by the cart shop where I purchased the cart that they need to look at the cart to determine what brand lights I have so that they can sell me the right kit for my cart. I asked them would they have a record since they modified the cart, but they don't keep a record of which lights they installed. So, here is my question. Is there an easy way to identify which lights I have so I purchase the correct kit that will plug into my current wiring harness? I have attached a pic of the front just in case someone can tell by looking at the headlights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210421_121957.jpg (149.6 KB, 0 views)
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2021, 03:17 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding turn signals to 2012 RXV

Looks like the oem headlights ( i use the same ), but can't help with the harness, as i've build the wiring by myself. Unfortunately, there are no marks on the lights.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
My gated community HOA is now going to require all golf carts that are used on the community roads to have turn signals. I bought my 2012 RXV reconditioned and upgraded in 2015. It has headlights on each side and rears with brake lights. In the corner of the front headlights, looking through the lens, I can see amber turn signal bulbs, but I don't have the turn signals mounted to the steering column. Everything I have read says this should be a simple plug and play modification. My problem is I am being told by the cart shop where I purchased the cart that they need to look at the cart to determine what brand lights I have so that they can sell me the right kit for my cart. I asked them would they have a record since they modified the cart, but they don't keep a record of which lights they installed. So, here is my question. Is there an easy way to identify which lights I have so I purchase the correct kit that will plug into my current wiring harness? I have attached a pic of the front just in case someone can tell by looking at the headlights.

I don't think so. I agree they look like OEM lights but that doesn't mean they are. I THINK if they are factory lights there will be a connection behind the dash probably accessible by removing the cup holder. If so, EZGO makes a kit to install turn signals plug n play. It's even reasonably priced (surprise, surprise) HOWEVER, wait for someone who has actually done this to comment. I'm thinking cgtech will know. Maybe he will see this.

The people who built my RXV installed a complete kit, signals and all but don't remember or know which kit. It could be one of several. I had occasion to determine the manufacturer and couldn't find any markings on lights/harness anywhere. So, I suspect tearing your cart apart to find a manufactures label on the lights would be futile.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #4
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Looks like the oem headlights ( i use the same ), but can't help with the harness, as i've build the wiring by myself. Unfortunately, there are no marks on the lights.
I can't find any markings on the lights either. Thanks Anyway!
Old 04-21-2021, 04:17 PM   #5
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I don't think so. I agree they look like OEM lights but that doesn't mean they are. I THINK if they are factory lights there will be a connection behind the dash probably accessible by removing the cup holder. If so, EZGO makes a kit to install turn signals plug n play. It's even reasonably priced (surprise, surprise) HOWEVER, wait for someone who has actually done this to comment. I'm thinking cgtech will know. Maybe he will see this.

The people who built my RXV installed a complete kit, signals and all but don't remember or know which kit. It could be one of several. I had occasion to determine the manufacturer and couldn't find any markings on lights/harness anywhere. So, I suspect tearing your cart apart to find a manufactures label on the lights would be futile.
I don't mind pulling the cup holder lid to check the harness, if I knew there was some sort of brand tag on the harness. In fact, I did that last night to see if I could find the white square connector that the turn signal harness plugs into. I did find that square (8 or 9 pin) connector, but it was actually located in a square hole in the bottom portion of the cup holder and a small pigtail connector plugged into it that actually comes out of the bottom of the cup holder. I have owned the cart since 2015 and I had never noticed that small pigtail. But, when talking to my local dealer parts guy, he told me that connector was what they used to plug in their diagnostic tool. Which made me even more leary!

Thanks anyway, I do appreciate your input.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:21 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, I haven't been of much help today. I'm off for a cocktail !
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
Rich427
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

bump
Old 04-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #8
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

You won't find what you are looking for by removing cupholder. You'll have to drop the nose to find the plug for identification of what turn signal kit will plug and play. Remove two large torx bolts on upper side skirt and four torx screws for dash panel and it drops right off for easy access. Then take a good pic of it and post it here and maybe someone can help. Your dealer can probably help with same picture.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:29 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
You won't find what you are looking for by removing cupholder. You'll have to drop the nose to find the plug for identification of what turn signal kit will plug and play. Remove two large torx bolts on upper side skirt and four torx screws for dash panel and it drops right off for easy access. Then take a good pic of it and post it here and maybe someone can help. Your dealer can probably help with same picture.
I disagree, if you remove the cupholder, you will find your answer. The aftermarket kit has a 3X3 plug (9 pin locations total). The oem kit has a 2X5 (10 pin locations total).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #10
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I disagree, if you remove the cupholder, you will find your answer. The aftermarket kit has a 3X3 plug (9 pin locations total). The oem kit has a 2X5 (10 pin locations total).
I definitely agree with your statement on this, but for the light kit harnesses I have installed, I have had the plug for turn signals end up in that area, so that is where my comment came from. Plus, he said he had removed the cup holder and only found the diagnostic 9 pin plug facing down. So, I really should have said, here is another way to get to it.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO