lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #1
couplescaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Hose Reel Mount

Hi Everybody, looking for a little advice here and see if anybody has some experience with mounting a hose reel on their carryall. I have an RSC900 (Carryall/Turf2) and i'm thinking about mounting a 200' hose reel to the front brush guard so I can easily move my 1 best hose around the yard as needed and just wind it up and move on. has anybody done this?

Here's the Reel https://www.zoro.com/coxreels-hand-c...commended=true

thinking about some self tapping screws in the brush guard but thought welding either it or a plate to then bolt the reel to would work better.

Here's a pic of my cart with the brush guard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t438ttpwyr...0Cart.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!
couplescaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 12:41 PM   #2
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Hose Reel Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by couplescaddy View Post
Hi Everybody, looking for a little advice here and see if anybody has some experience with mounting a hose reel on their carryall. I have an RSC900 (Carryall/Turf2) and i'm thinking about mounting a 200' hose reel to the front brush guard so I can easily move my 1 best hose around the yard as needed and just wind it up and move on. has anybody done this?

Here's the Reel https://www.zoro.com/coxreels-hand-c...commended=true

thinking about some self tapping screws in the brush guard but thought welding either it or a plate to then bolt the reel to would work better.

Here's a pic of my cart with the brush guard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t438ttpwyr...0Cart.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!

Just how I would do it as to not have to drill holes in my brush guard -

mount reel to a plate big enough to reach all the edges of the front "square" part of that brush guard. from there you can take this as in depth as you want.

The simplest would to be to use some sort of hose clamps through slots on your plate, run them around the tubing on the brush guard (2 on the top, 1 on each end, bottom edge resting on the plastic bumper)

Or you could get a little fancier and sturdier by finding something that designed to mount around that specific sized tubing on your brush guard. Just mount that where you would've put slots for hose clamps and that would be sturdier and look nicer.

Not sure how many tools you have or how deep you want to go but to make it the strongest it looks like you could run it to the two bolts just behind the plastic bumper if you made a brace that angled back from the bottom, then attach the top and sides as I mentioned, then it wouldn't have to rest against the top of the bumper.

Its up to you, and your skill level and how much time you want to spend on it. I wouldn't drill holes in the tubing personally though and I'm sure hose clamps at the very least would be stronger than self tapping screws.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Put a 2" square hitch receiver up front and mount your hose reel to a plate on a pinned slider, then just remove it when you're not using it.
Or do the same on the back?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Put a 2" square hitch receiver up front and mount your hose reel to a plate on a pinned slider, then just remove it when you're not using it.
Or do the same on the back?
do you have a receiver on the back? thats actually not a bad way to do it at all.

I was thinking specifically of mounting it on the front, mounting it to the brush guard because thats where I thought you wanted it. make a plate that mounts to the brush guard using hose clamps/bar clamps, and then mount the reel to that custom plate. Looks like the reel has holes that will allow you to bolt it right to another plate, and then you can customize the other plate and put holes exactly where you need them to mount on the brush guard.

If you ever need to mount the reel somehwere else you can just unbolt it and get rid of the middle plate instead of having a chopped/cut up reel plate.

i hope this makes sense, i would draw pictures but I'm not much of an artist
Old 05-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

the top drawing is of the waht I was thinking on the front - the green outline is the plate you would make to mount to the brush guard, the black things are either hose clamps, or some type of metal strap maybe? bar clamp? to hold it to the brush guard, then you just drill 4 holes and mount the reel to the plate.

the bottom is a pic of the receiver style like you talked about out of the back, which honestly would probably be a bit sturdier and easier to do (not to mention easier to take on and off if you needed to) - just a receiver welded to a plate, then bolting the reel to that plate.

hope i helped and didnt make anything confusing. without having your cart infront of me its hard to tell what would or wouldn't work, or which one might be a bad idea based on angles of different things that I Can't see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brush guard.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #6
couplescaddy
Not Yet Wild

Gents, thanks for chiming in. I thought about the receiver in the back, and was about to run out to get the parts, but then decided against it as i do actually use the dump bed quite often and the thought of a 40-60 lb item in and out of the receiver all the time didn't sound like fun. I do very much like the idea of the plate into the bumper screws and then hose clamped to the brush guard, think i'm going to go with that. I'll keep you guys posted as she comes along. looking forward to always having a hose easy and ready to use as I just can't keep my gardeners from destroying every nice hose i buy.
couplescaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, hose reel, maintenance, yard work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car