lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 gas EZGO Workhorse Model GXT804D - HELP !

Good job guys, I hope the cart gives you many years of enjoyment.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
c21tupper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for your help... I'm sure it will service us well. I'll post some pictures of it in use soon.

Thanks again...

Cindy & Conrad

PS I posted an email message at BGW to ask about the micro switch we need to replace. Are you a vendor... and if you are, do you have it in stock to sell ??
c21tupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
cesolo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21tupper View Post
And, when this manual arrives, if anyone needs anything from it, I will be more than happy to scan pages and post here.
I might take you up on that offer. I just got a '96 GXT804D and I don't have a manual. It makes it interesting to order parts.
cesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
racin161
Gone Wild

Scottyb should be able to help.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
c21tupper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesolo View Post
I might take you up on that offer. I just got a '96 GXT804D and I don't have a manual. It makes it interesting to order parts.
Cesolo... what we have found out is that there are two manuals... one on how to fix it and the other with the parts list. The staff at Buggies has been helpful and also at EZGO. You can order a manual from EZGO, or if you need specifics, you can email me at c21tupper@aol.com and I can email you from there or copy/fax some pages from the manual. Conrad has been able to get ours running fairly good after cleaning it up replacing some of the parts. We still have a problem with the battery running down and have to put it on a charger overnight sometimes. If we try using the lights at night, it will for sure run the battery down, so we carry and use a flashlight sometimes. We use ours mainly from getting from the house down to the barn or other areas on the property. This propery is 17 acres and sloped, so having the EZGO saves us time (and our legs) from lots of walking back and forth when we're repairing water lines etc. Our next project will be installing a canopy. We found a used one for $20 and now we need to fabricate some type of frame to mount the canopy on or try and find a used one.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
cesolo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21tupper View Post
Cesolo... what we have found out is that there are two manuals... one on how to fix it and the other with the parts list. The staff at Buggies has been helpful and also at EZGO. You can order a manual from EZGO, or if you need specifics, you can email me and I can email you from there or copy/fax some pages from the manual.
Thanks. I've been looking for an online copy of the manual also. No luck so far. You would think EZGO would post that, but I guess they just want to sell paper copies.

Quote:
We still have a problem with the battery running down and have to put it on a charger overnight sometimes.
We had this problem on a 2-cycle EZGO. After replacing some of the parts, my uncle installed a cutoff switch that completely disconnected the battery when you weren't using the cart. That worked. You would think that turning the key off would do that, but sometimes with old carts someone has miss-wired something and you can't rely on the keyswitch to cut all circuits.

If you haven't actually tested the battery at an auto parts store, that's also worth trying. A bad cell in a battery shows up as overnight rundown.

Another trick that I've learned is to use an ammeter to find out if there is something that is draining the battery. If you find that a current is running through the meter when the key is off, you can disconnect things one by one and isolate the leaker.
cesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey cesolo, Rudy has one on here He has listed about a dozen manuals they worked great for me. click back on gas ezgo and search for manuals it should come up.

And Cindy did you guys find out what the white wire went to? It's the oil pressure wire but on that year it's not used.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
OliverMollyStanley
Not Yet Wild

Hey Guys!
Any idea which shock (EZGO PN#) works on this cart? I know the one I need has eyelets at the ens of it, not studs.
Thanks in advance!
OliverMollyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:36 PM   #19
c21tupper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello... well ... I'm back here again looking for some help. Cesolo... did you ever email me for any pages from the manual? I've been looking for my copy and can't find it at the moment.

Tags
help wanted, model, starting problem, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO