lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo gas 1997 TXT - To Rebuild or not?

WD-40 sucks as a penetrant. Get some PB Blaster, Knocker Loose, CRC penetrant, or a 50/50 mix of acetone, and transmission fluid.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2016, 07:31 AM   #22
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well looks like this motor is dead. One of the pistons is basically welded in cylinder. Now time to start looking at clones. Are these motors worth anything in parts or like this? Or do I have a really cool door stop for my shop.

I am now going to look into 420 predator. If anyone has used one in a 97 txt would love to hear your feedback.
Zypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #23
Sand Man
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I need a cam gear if you are looking to part out the engine , mine has a eh352 not sure if they are the same
Sand Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The sky is the limit now - search CL high and low for an engine... That's how I did my BB - I found a big twin, Like new in a storage locker. I would search by hp, 16 hp or 20 hp. Got a lot more hits that a way, Good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #25
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I lied. We are back on track with this build. Got the top end opened up last night and the piston moving. I see no visible damage to cylinder. The pistons looked like they were set on fire with all the crap on them and the values look toast. Going to pull the clutch (trying water technique) and fan to hopefully get down into it. Fingers crossed its a broken rod and not the gear shaft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (176.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #26
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher View Post
Well I lied. We are back on track with this build. Got the top end opened up last night and the piston moving. I see no visible damage to cylinder. The pistons looked like they were set on fire with all the crap on them and the values look toast. Going to pull the clutch (trying water technique) and fan to hopefully get down into it. Fingers crossed its a broken rod and not the gear shaft.
Maybe some good news then!
Keep us posted! I have just been given a EZ gas cart with seized engine! Cart is in FL, so I wont have it till after Thanksgiving.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #27
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wooohooo!!!! FINALLY got her opened up and found a broken connecting rod. Looks like this thread is turning into a rebuild after all!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #28
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Wooohooo!!!! FINALLY got her opened up and found a broken connecting rod. Looks like this thread is turning into a rebuild after all!
Any pic's? where did it brake?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #29
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pretty sure its not suppose to be in that many parts. Surprisingly the pistons look good ( cleaned up) and the rings don't show much wear. I am really debating just changing the connecting rod and reassemble then do a full rebuild on the motor later in the year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piston.jpg (145.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #30
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Pretty sure its not suppose to be in that many parts. Surprisingly the pistons look good ( cleaned up) and the rings don't show much wear. I am really debating just changing the connecting rod and reassemble then do a full rebuild on the motor later in the year.
Whats the crank shaft look like! Rod broke at crank and you said it was locked-up, I would think there is a good chance the crank has some damage.

With what you have to do, rod, main bearing, piston pin, and gaskets. I would just go ahead and ring it and hone cylinder.

You can check the valves by turning the head over and poring a small amount of gas around the valve seat. If the gas go's away then the valve is not seated. Its no big deal to hand lap the valves to seat them.
Then you would not have to take it back apart and buy gaskets twice!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO