lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
onequickmarauder
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New to me 1987 G3

Good morning from Chandler AZ -

I picked up an Electric G3 a couple weeks ago. Its in really great and original condition. I'll post some pics up in anyone would like, especially if anyone wants to see something original for reference purposes.

There is only one non functioning item on the cart - the horn "pull" or "push" switch handle is broken off. Of course, I can't seem to source a new part and so I'm going to make one. This assumes the switch itself still functions. I believe there is enough material left of the old Pull that I can fashion a handle out of a automobile tilt lever out of a salvage yard.

Question so I can maybe save some time and headaches. What are the fastener heads on the Steering plastic column shaft. I am too lazy today to crawl around under the shaft and my Iphone isn't helping capture the head type/size. I tried a few long metric sockets and nothing grabbing hold.

It's a great lil cart and I have a few plans for her. I do want to keep it as original as possible but will likely make some changes. Top two on the list, after the horn? Custom permanent cooler in the front boot - two wells, one for beer/drinks/ice and the other for mixed drink ice and a small prep station for cocktail tools and fixings. And maybe a rear seat - need to determine the stock suspension situation and how I might do it without cutting into the body badly.

I welcome any/all comments and opinions. Thanks in advance.
onequickmarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
mquaife
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to me 1987 G3

Came across your post on the 1987 G cart, do you still have this cart? Would it be possible to get some pictures of the electronics, mainly the solenoids, the controller and all the relays under the seat. I have one that is nearly complete original but bot running. Hoping to get it up and running. Thanks
mquaife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering cover g3
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha