lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2022, 07:28 AM   #11
Dr_Greenthumb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Long travel Lift Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
How does it ride and handle?
It's perfect, I had a little adjusting to do only to make the ride quality better. I had the front coil shocks adjusted way to much, after releasing some of the pressure off the ride quality is fantastic. On the road, the cart runs well too, doesn't pull and rides well.
Dr_Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 06:57 AM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Greenthumb View Post
It's perfect, I had a little adjusting to do only to make the ride quality better. I had the front coil shocks adjusted way to much, after releasing some of the pressure off the ride quality is fantastic. On the road, the cart runs well too, doesn't pull and rides well.
I've always liked the Jakes LT setup. It's patterned after atv front suspensions so it works pretty well. It may not be up to the task of extremely rough off roading, but for a golf cart it's a great front end.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #13
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am installing a Jakes LT kit on my Drive 2 right now. I have to ask a question. Per my install directions sheet they have the shocks going the other way Mine shows the air valve at top of shock and going to the upper hole on the mounting plate.

Also if you look at the video for the Madjax brush guard for the Drive 2 they also have their shocks mounted the same way with the air valve and adjustors on the top.

Just wondering if your instructions say otherwise.
sprig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #14
Dr_Greenthumb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprig72 View Post
I am installing a Jakes LT kit on my Drive 2 right now. I have to ask a question. Per my install directions sheet they have the shocks going the other way Mine shows the air valve at top of shock and going to the upper hole on the mounting plate.

Also if you look at the video for the Madjax brush guard for the Drive 2 they also have their shocks mounted the same way with the air valve and adjustors on the top.

Just wondering if your instructions say otherwise.
Yes you are correct. When I first installed them in the garage I had them upside down, if you look in the pictures on the beach they are flipped the other way around. I have seen pictures and carts with them both ways, but I contacted Jakes and the air fill and adjustments are at the top.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:09 PM   #15
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you use the upper bolt holes or the lower bolt holes for the upper shock mount? I tried to find out what heights each bolt hole is but was unable to find anything.
sprig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:02 AM   #16
Dr_Greenthumb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprig72 View Post
Did you use the upper bolt holes or the lower bolt holes for the upper shock mount? I tried to find out what heights each bolt hole is but was unable to find anything.
The higher hole will provide a slight difference in height, if you want a higher lift you go with the lower bolt hole, vice versa. I went with the holes on the bottom.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:13 PM   #17
DblaronG29
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

That looks amazing.

Happen to have any more pictures?
DblaronG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts