lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2022, 06:37 AM   #191
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2022 ICON Controller Parameters.

I did some more driving in simple mode and it is way better, imo. It is much easier to drive smoothly now. There used to be a jerky motion when your were cruising around at half throttle and trying to maintain a constant speed. This is now gone. Also, there was a slight clicking sound coming from the axle when you eased off the throttle. This is also gone.

I'm going to turn down the acc and dec in normal mode bit more from the settings above to like 8 and 12. It is a little quicker than I'd like at the current settings. This should tame it down some more.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2022, 09:49 AM   #192
StuartT
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

This is great information derelicte. Didn't even know there was a simple mode.
Please keep us updated as you learn more.
StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:51 AM   #193
smkeythebear
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone want to help me dive into the software? Here is a comparison of my buddies and my 2022 I40L's (I only put in the settings that are different from each other). These are from the same dealer bought only a few months apart. His (Dixon) is faster off the line, faster backwards, and has a top speed of 30 mpg checked with GPS while mine does 25 mph. These numbers are from the original programming that came with the carts. Shouldn't the programming be exactly the same? I believe that this would justify what Gnarly Matt says about programing not voiding the warranties. If they are programing them all different from the factory how can they keep track of if it was reprogrammed or it came that way? Does anyone know what the NaN means? I am just looking to break down these settings to see what each one does and why one cart has a lot of 0 settings and is faster all around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russell Dixon Comparison 1 of 2.jpg (116.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Russell Dixon Comparison 2 of 2.jpg (111.9 KB, 0 views)
smkeythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:59 AM   #194
derelicte
Gone Wild

I don't think the sw is actually talking in the case of Dixon's numbers. Lots of zeros and undefined readings.

Nan means not a number.

You need to post all of the vehicle settings, speed and power limit tabs. His tire size is really small for a lifted cart. Seems like they loaded it with the wrong config.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:43 PM   #195
Ramjet1007
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Those values are the values I posted! Glad they worked out for you!!
Ramjet1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:05 PM   #196
Ramjet1007
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes, I installed a Navitas controller in my cart. Was a bit of rearranging but I love it!
Old 09-28-2022, 01:30 AM   #197
Ramjet1007
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

What was the ADMIN password that actually worked? Please share!
Old 09-28-2022, 01:32 AM   #198
Ramjet1007
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3i3 View Post
I have a working Admin password if anyone wants it. (v3.04)
What was the ADMIN password that actually works?
Old 10-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #199
GunghoGolf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Simple mode FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
I tried changing the speed response mode (6.02.01) from complex to simple mode and it did what I guessed in the above post - it eliminated the multiple speed acc and dec times and made it operate like the low speed mode settings!

yay!

It is way easier to tune this way. Just 2 parameters to fiddle with. I am now seeing almost 300a during acceleration. I haven't timed it but it seems a little quicker.

Note that my settings in the screen shots below are backwards from normal carts - my high speed mode is normal mode and low speed mode is ludicrous mode with higher top speed, faster acc and more aggressive regen.

Give it a shot!

edit:

If you change the mode, disconnect the sw, power cycle the controller and reconnect. I noticed that after changing the mode but not power cycling it had an extra parameter that disappeared after a power cycle. It through me for a loop.
Have you actually installed a low-high speed switch?

I see many params referencing a switch, so I know our carts are capable of having one. Hoping to figure it out!

Also: is anyone able to maintain top speed going uphill in their i40L? I hit 33 easily on a flat, but drop to 24-25 going up a modest hill. Have upped all my current limits to their max of 450A. Living in Texas hill country, it’s a regular annoyance. Almost ready to dump the AGM batts for a new lithium pack.
GunghoGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:30 AM   #200
derelicte
Gone Wild

Yep. Works awesome. Takes off like my Tesla now! :D

There is a big thread about adding the switch here. It documents how I easily added it without adding extra wires to the controller. Makes it plug and play.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon