lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Garia 450 Amp Controller?

Hello,

I am desperately looking for help on upgrading the controller in my ‘18 Garia. I was looking at 450 amp Curtis controllers but am having issues confirming fitment. Do you possibly have any suggestions? I do have a Curtis OEM programmer as well. I know once I figure out a controller it will need to be programmed as well.

Stock, it has a 275 amp Curtis 1234 controller.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Ray
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Garia 450 Amp Controller?

It seems like there was essentially one gentleman who could help with this and he is not currently available…
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:20 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

We have a 2011 2+2 Garia LSV. I never was able to get a programmed 450 amp controller. I did get a 350 amp programmed. Lost contact with the guy that helped me. Non responsive. Looking thru my emails I see that he stated that a 450amp controller will not get anymore speed than the 350amp. It could help some with torque but he wondered about the cabling....

He did say that the Garia speed (low /high) switch would not work.

Some notes I have -- 7000 RPM is the max for the Garia motor. That equates to 34mph max with standard gears. If you change gearing to get 40+ MPH it really kills the range. With OEM 275A Curtis controller it struggled to get to 7000 RPM. When I went with the 350A controller it would pull to the limit of 7000 RPM and then some. When you plug the 1313-4401 Curtis OEM programmer on the Garia with the 350A controller there is a NEV section at top that allows you to set the top speed in RPM. I set ours to 6750 which get us a solid 33 mph. There are bunch of controller settings accessible by the programmer. I really have not messed with most of them except I set the NEV max rpm. I set it down when we have company and other folks are driving buggy. I also increased the neutral braking some to save the brakes somewhat.

Love to hear what others have experienced and tried.

The Garia is a nicely refined LSV. Glad we bought ours 12 years ago because we could not handle the 2023 prices. Buying a used one is generally more expensive than a new top of line Clubcar. But those are few and very far between.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:26 AM   #4
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Ive never seen a Garcia golf cart before but have tuned Curtis controllers. If you want to share a CPF file from your controller I'll look if there are settings that can be changed to improve speed
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:10 AM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Thank You so much !! I am fine with speed. I guess I could use some more torque and range. I have not made a CPF file before. I take it that I would use the SD card on side of 1313-4401? Not that knowledgable on controller setting. I will contact you if I decide to tinker some. Again thank you for your reply and offer.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:43 AM   #6
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Yes SD card or mini USB cable in the bottom of the handset. The manual explains how to make a CPF.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:44 AM   #7
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Adjusting power limiting map could give more torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts