lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #1
bowmanfence
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt 48v won’t go

Ok so my mother in laws cart stopped working. The battery charger gives 3 red flashes after charging a few hours. I checked battery voltage on all batteries and pack voltage is 51.4 24 hours after charging. I do not hear the solenoid clicking so I tested it and had pack voltage across both large posts and the small post with ignition wire with key on. Other small post was 0v. I thought solenoid was bad and replaced it but still same issues and readings. I tested the wire at the charging port in case it thought battery was still plugged in and it seems to work as it should. I tested the 4 wire plug next to the solenoid with key on and white wire is 13.9v black wire is 4.4 and goes up to 5.4 with pedal depressed all the way, red wire gets 51.4v, then gree wire is 0v but goes up as pedal is depressed and maxes at 51.4v fully depressed. Where should I look next? Does anything seem wrong? Thought black wire should have less voltage.
bowmanfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2022, 06:45 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo txt 48v won’t go

Have you checked out anything regarding your FWD/REV switch? Something in the drive system is not allowing the contactor to pull in. If the contactor isn't pulling in you won't be going anywhere.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Basic solenoid activation test = there should be 48v measured between the solenoid small posts when you try to go. If no, determine if you are missing the + side or the - side. The negative side comes from the controller. if the - side is missing you can confirm the failure by removing the - wire at the solenoid and installing a test wire from the negative solenoid wire to the battery main -. If the cart runs replace the controller with a new Alltrax
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:54 AM   #4
bowmanfence
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Have you checked out anything regarding your FWD/REV switch? Something in the drive system is not allowing the contactor to pull in. If the contactor isn't pulling in you won't be going anywhere.
I have not. Not sure what to check on it. The buzzer does go off when in reverse. I sold my cart a couple years ago so haven’t had to mess with these since then.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmanfence View Post
I have not. Not sure what to check on it. The buzzer does go off when in reverse. I sold my cart a couple years ago so haven’t had to mess with these since then.
If the buzzer is going off when in Rev I would move to ScottyB step and go from there.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #6
bowmanfence
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Basic solenoid activation test = there should be 48v measured between the solenoid small posts when you try to go. If no, determine if you are missing the + side or the - side. The negative side comes from the controller. if the - side is missing you can confirm the failure by removing the - wire at the solenoid and installing a test wire from the negative solenoid wire to the battery main -. If the cart runs replace the controller with a new Alltrax
Ok I have pics with voltage negative on B- from battery pack and positive to each post. I did not see a change on any post with key on & key on pressing pedal while in F.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 597FEB27-F140-4355-A939-C605BB23BFD6.jpg (118.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8E6B20D3-A37B-428F-8E2C-EEADEB9E9686.jpg (126.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 02CC166B-2AB3-49C7-AF30-6A855E20D3E3.jpg (130.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The small blue wire is the ground for the solenoid activation circuit. It will show pack voltage when the key is on but pedal is not pushed. When the pedal is pushed it will go to ground. The battery side of the solenoid will have pack voltage always and the controller side will be close because of the resistor and will go to full when it closes. Your controller is either not getting a signal to close it or the controller is bad. If you have the controller cover off flip it to tow, unplug the 16 pin connector and check for continuity between pin 6 and pin 9 with the pedal pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F622290B-99B7-4211-B89E-AF25149F9F78.jpeg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:13 PM   #8
bowmanfence
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The small blue wire is the ground for the solenoid activation circuit. It will show pack voltage when the key is on but pedal is not pushed. When the pedal is pushed it will go to ground. The battery side of the solenoid will have pack voltage always and the controller side will be close because of the resistor and will go to full when it closes. Your controller is either not getting a signal to close it or the controller is bad. If you have the controller cover off flip it to tow, unplug the 16 pin connector and check for continuity between pin 6 and pin 9 with the pedal pushed.
Get about 3.6 ohms with pedal fully pressed
Old 09-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And open with the pedal up? If so pedal switch is probably okay. A handheld would be really helpful at this point..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:30 PM   #10
bowmanfence
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
And open with the pedal up? If so pedal switch is probably okay. A handheld would be really helpful at this point..
Was not reading anything without pedal pressed. Handheld? Do you mean DMM? I have the cheap harbor freight one but can get a better one if needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO