lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #1
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Hauler Pro 72v ac not working after washing

I am trying to work on a Cushman Hauler Pro 72v for a friend. He said he washed off the cart and now it won't activate the solenoid. He replaced the micro switch in the pedal box. I checked the ITS and it is working. He sent the controller in to get checked and it checked out. And he replaced the solenoid.

It blinks code 32 which based on my research is a common code when they won't work after being washed. I read one post that said they had to take it back to a dealer to have the controller reprogrammed and that fixed it. Figure it was a shot in the dark to ask if anyone else has had this issue.
Billetbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cushman Hauler Pro 72v ac not working after washing

Obviously, something got wet - and may still be wet. Often it's in the pedal box.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

The micro switch was replaced and I switched in a working it's sensor today. I'm almost 100% it's not anything in the pedal box based on trouble shooting it. The code it's throwing is stating something to do with a electronic emergency brake. Which it doesn't have. I searched on this site and found several other people that washed their hauler pro and received the same error code but can't find what ended up fixing it. One person said they took it to the dealer and had the controller reprogrammed and that fixed it. Seems odd to me. I also checked the resistor which is in the pedal circuit but it had the correct ohms. I think the controller thinks the emergency brake is on which this model cart doesn't have.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:10 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Look near the end of the motor for a harness plug not connected to anything. They probably have the same harness for the carts with and without the brake and set it in the controller to which one. Problem is even if it is turned off if the controller sees a short it will throw this error.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #5
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

I like the way you think. I just dug around in the harness to see if I could find a plug with no luck. I have been trying to find a wiring diagram to see what the e brake would be plugged into.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I’m thinking it is pin 5 according to the diagnostic pages.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:19 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay went looking and found this https://support.countrycat.com/posts...an-service-man page 54
Old 09-27-2022, 03:57 PM   #8
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

You are the man! Based on the diagram is there away to complete the circuit or break the circuit which ever so it doesn't throw the e brake code?
Old 09-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You could chase the wire from pin 5 and see where it goes to maybe find your issue. It is also possible the controller has gotten switched to the wrong settings. Not sure how but can’t tell without hooking up a handheld
Old 09-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #10
Billetbowtie
Not Yet Wild

I think you are right about the controller. I went and.looked at the wiring and the cart is different than the diagram. He sent the controller in to be "rebuilt" but it has the same code now as before it was sent. I could be wrong but I think it might have to be reprogrammed to work again. He is checking to see if they loaded software for his cart when the controller was repaired.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO