lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2022, 07:27 PM   #1
Strmchzr
Not Yet Wild

Default no lights or horn

i have a yamaha 48 volt g2..the lights and horn wont work..ive went thru the wiring on it and i have 16 volts to horn and all the lights..all lights are brand new..any help would be greatly apperciated..thank you in advance
Strmchzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: no lights or horn

How are you testing to verify you have power at these items? Accross contacts or back to the battery -? Reason I ask is if you tested it the following way that proves you have power there but you may be missing the - side of things.

Does this cart have a voltage convertor or are you running these items off a pair of 8v batteries?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:26 AM   #3
KENX82
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strmchzr View Post
i have a yamaha 48 volt g2..the lights and horn wont work..ive went thru the wiring on it and i have 16 volts to horn and all the lights..all lights are brand new..any help would be greatly apperciated..thank you in advance
Having same problem

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
KENX82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
Strmchzr
Not Yet Wild

yes it has a voltage reducer..i put my vm pos.to battery pod then probing with the neg prob..and getting 16 volts to every thing..no lights no horn..but when i hook them to 2 batterys they come right on..
Old 10-08-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
Strmchzr
Not Yet Wild

also the voltage reducer is wired to the last battery and the 5th battery and is putting out 16 volts..wouldnt that be the same as just wiring the lughts to the 2 batterys w/out the reducer. is reducer bad
Old 10-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The reducer should reduce the voltage down to around 13 Volts.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha