lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
floresm
Not Yet Wild

Smile stereo installation problems

Installed a stereo system with its own battery source to a club car 48v 4 battery golf cart. Stereo works fine until i press the pedal to accelerate. When i accelerate the stereo gets interference ( electrical). Dont understand it because i am using an a separate power source (battery) only to supply the stereo. I am not using the gold cart batteries. Help, what is going on here. Can anyone help me with this issue.
floresm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: stereo installation problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by floresm View Post
Installed a stereo system with its own battery source to a club car 48v 4 battery golf cart. Stereo works fine until i press the pedal to accelerate. When i accelerate the stereo gets interference ( electrical). Dont understand it because i am using an a separate power source (battery) only to supply the stereo. I am not using the gold cart batteries. Help, what is going on here. Can anyone help me with this issue.
Just half to ask are you sharing any grounds, ground should not be tied to the cart in any way.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its interference........do you have an antenna? someone here will be able to help you it may be awhile as its a holiday..........but its a common problem.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
floresm
Not Yet Wild

Not sharing any grounds. Do have an antenna but i am getting electrical interference for sure but dont have a fix. Help.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it with the "radio stations", or are you also getting it when listening to ipod or CD? If it is radio, unhook the antenna and see if that fixes it. Start from there if you haven't. I would also make sure all connections are tight and secure, not open wires rubbing or touching anything.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
floresm
Not Yet Wild

Get interference with the radio, with the ipod or cd. Dont understand it yet.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

A lot of folks don't realize it, but, these carts put out a lot of RF that increases as you apply the accelerator. My CB picks it up, my radio doesn't.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lmao... one of the worst things about installing stereos in carts is the RF interference... don't try AM bands as they will completely disappear..... I have even had the controller on a cart cause nearby cars radios to experience interference......

there have been a few devices out there that can be placed in line on the ground wire that will help to eliminate the RF however, the best things I have found are to make sure the power supply is clean (don't tap off the keyswitch wire for instance) and to keep as much of the wiring as far from the controller as you possibly can. And ALWAYS use a quality radio to begin with.... All of my installs are now done using Alpine Head units... for some reason they seem to work better.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #9
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

in a post in the gas forum, king ranch said he had a similar problem and picked up some thing called a ground loop isolator at best buy and this cured it. check his post to be sure of the name. he did it in the last week.

and welcome to BGW!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #10
floresm
Not Yet Wild

Thank u for all the replies i have gotten. Feels good to know i can count in others experiences (knowledge). Again, thanks.

Tags
stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO