lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha high speed motor

I have a 2008 yamaha drive with 4-12 volt batteries which was purchased new. I had a "standard AV 19 mph kit installed by the dealer. I don't know what that is but it cost $549.00 plus $100.00 for installation. The cart does not go 19 mph. I had to have the differential (?) replaced the first year. If this was not installed properly would it make the cart go slower?. I would like to buy a high speed motor. Is that all I would need? I have looked at buggies unlimited but am unsure of which motor to get. Any advice? Thank you.
069753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: yamaha high speed motor

how old are your batts? these 12v dont last long and IMO just plan SUCK.

If it wont do 19mph as per your dealer, call tham and ask y. get them to check it out.
700bucks for 19mph is STEEP IMO. I never charged that for that kit.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Was the 700 for a PTV upgrade? That would mean The PTV code and PDA input, but it also means head and tail lites (with a voltage reducer) and a horn. So I guess 700 is not that far out of line. I have upgraded many to PTV and as Yamaha said, "It will NEVER go faster then 19 mph, but should be very close if set at the highest mph/regen setting". You could always ask the dealer to check the setting.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
purplewg
Gone Wild

I just put a lift kit on the GF's G22. It was GPS'd at 17MPH max. Now with the kit it is doing 21MPH from just the ratio change of the tires. ALLTRAX 400 amp ordered and I am sending the motor to PQ tomorrow.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

well i hardly installed the YAMAHA ptv kt. i just programmed the controller and added light and horn. i could buy the kits aftermarket for less than 1/2 of what yamaha wanted for them.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
well i hardly installed the YAMAHA ptv kt. i just programmed the controller and added light and horn. i could buy the kits aftermarket for less than 1/2 of what yamaha wanted for them.
What? I can't understand what your saying.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
timborama
Not Yet Wild

I recently bought a factory reconditioned G22E. It only went 13mph, so I was a little disappointed. I had the dealer install a high speed motor, and now it does 25-26mph (30mph on just a slight grade... too fast). Best $399 I ever spent.
timborama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
strip
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by timborama View Post
I recently bought a factory reconditioned G22E. It only went 13mph, so I was a little disappointed. I had the dealer install a high speed motor, and now it does 25-26mph (30mph on just a slight grade... too fast). Best $399 I ever spent.
What motor did he install and where is he located. $399 seems like a very cheap price
strip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
rockhead
Not Yet Wild

Do u know what kInd of motor the dealer installed? I assume he kept the original controller. Does anyone know if they make high speed years for the g22e? I can't lOcate any g22e years. PleAse advise
rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
timborama
Not Yet Wild

I don;t know the brand. It was an exchanged rewound original motor I'm assuming, along with reprogrammed factory controller They were upgrades as part of initial purchase, so not sure what the cost would be after the fact.
timborama is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha