lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
rangerdaver91
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Golf cart salvage yard

Well the guy I was buying my cart from backed out...had the cart hid some where and gave me my money back...didn't say why... guess he relized he was selling it to cheap.good thing my parts where on back order so I could cancle my order. So I am wondering if there is a golf cart salvage yard anyone knows about. I was buying it for $1000.00, it was a 89 to not a 87. aint no way I can find another one that cheap, so maybe if I can find a rebuildable gas club car rolling chassis I can build one from scratch.Any ideas? Thanks
Dave
rangerdaver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

That is actually the MAXIMUM you should have paid for a 1989 cart. For that, you should be able to get a whole cart, possibly in decent shape, and definitely running.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
rangerdaver91
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It had a new body put on it in 2003 (Burgandy) very pretty cart, with head and tail lights, top fold down windshield and fold down rear seat also all new in 03. I cant find anything for less than $1750.00 ,it is a 97 model plan jane, but kind of rough. With the other I could have put the lift kit and 10 inch custom wheels and 22 inch off road tires and the clutch springs for right at $1800.00, it looked like an 03 in really great shape. The wife was all for that, but now after seeing how much carts cost shes not so hot on the idea anymore.She thinks everything we looked at in the $1800.00 range is ugly and doesnt want me to spend the money, in her mind its now $2600.00 for an ugly cart, thats with lift/wheels and tires, which is why I thought if I could find an old rolling chassis for 5 or 6 hundred dollars and fix it up a little at a time she might let me do that.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

It is fun fixing up old carts from nothing, you you can easily spend over double the money! I wouldn't go past 1995 as a year, try to hit 1995 or 1996 on the money, they are not going to be worn out yet, and then you have the correct rear end for a larger engine swap if you want to do that later on down the road.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
rangerdaver91
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What are the pros and cons of EZ Go? Do the newer carts 95 and up have forward and reverse gears, or do the engines run backward in reverse? I like the aluminum chassis of the club cars, but the EZ Go seem the be less expensive. Can you give me a comparison. I am only interested in gas carts.I guess finding a rollong chassis aint going to be an easy find. The wife thinks EZ Go are pretty and I might able to talk her into one, even if she makes me leave it stock. But I dont want a cart that requires constant repairs to keep running.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The 96 and up E-Z-GO rears have the gears in them. You're right E-Z-GOs are less expensive, but don't have quite the quality of a Club Car. Powertrain wise, they are ok, but they cut corners in other areas.IMO
Old 03-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
floorin04
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
The 95 and up E-Z-GO rears have the gears in them. You're right E-Z-GOs are less expensive, but don't have quite the quality of a Club Car. Powertrain wise, they are tough, but they cut corners in other areas.IMO
And he is off once again
floorin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

How do you figure? There is not a thing wrong with E-Z-GO's Robin engines or Dana/Spicer rears, they just aren't as "luxurious" as Club Cars.

Last edited by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!; 06-15-2007 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: Color change
Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
Dero
Gone Wild

im not even going to start...

Any 4 cycle cart will have forward/reverse gears. I think ezgo started the 4 stroke in late '90 but they are rare. so pretty much anything '91 or newer in the ezgo *can* have a forward reverse rear end (2 strokers went on to 94).
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The only reason I said 1996 is because that is when they started the TXT, and I know for a fact that has the right rear end, but the 94-95 Medalist may too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car