lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #1
Sjf323
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Oil change

I have a 2010 club car precedent with a fe350d-as26 motor, 6" lift with 23" tires. I recently changed my oil and filter and I refilled the motor with about 1.12L (38 oz) of 10x40w non synthetic oil. I ran the cart for a couple minutes in maintance mode and let the cart sit for a minute and then checked the oil. The oil is up to the D on the "ADD" on the dipstick.

Now I understand that with the lift it will change the reading on the dipstick but I do not remember it being this low on the dipstick before the oil change. I remember more something like in the middle of low and full and from what I have read on here that kind of seems to be the norm. This is the first time I have changed the oil since I bought it last year.

On a side note I bought a maintenance kit for the precedent models from an online site that had an air filter, 2 fuel filters, and oil filter. The new oil filter was the same as the one that I took off.

So does something seem off or am I just being paranoid? 38oz is the correct amount for this motor correct?

Thanks
Scott
Sjf323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Oil change

38oz is the correct amount per the service manual. http://gaminde.net/clubcar/man/2009_...gas_manual.pdf
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Sjf323
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That is where I got the 38oz from, plus I seen it mentioned on here a few times.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #4
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Let the cart sit longer or recheck the level with a cold engine.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Sjf323
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well the place I bought it from said they always put 1.5 quarts in thier club cars. That doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies knowing that I have been riding around for more than a year with that much oil in the machine.

On a side note I did find a service manual online for the FE350 from Kawasaki that states min oil capacity is 1.0L and max is 1.3L.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

My experience with overfilling my FE350 with 7" of lift,
(to the full line, before I leveled out the engine pan)
And granted... I rev my engine "a bit" higher then stock,

When I changed my oil, filled it to the full line, and test drove it,
I was riding (flying) down the street at full throttle for about 10 seconds,
then the engine started to spit and sputter... my buddy who was riding with me started laughing and told me to look behind us...
There was a HUGE ploom of grey/white smoke behind us!
I slowed down, and putted my way back home, the engine quickly cleared up and ran normally!

There was no damage, and I have no clue where. or how the oil got into the combustion chamber,
but since then, I've lowered the front of my engine pan and keep the oil level about 3/4's full!

There's no harm in a couple extra ounces on a lifted cart, just not to the full line!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Is your engine level (horizontal) with the lift? If it's tilted, that will throw the dipstick reading off.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car