lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: genorater /starter

Welcome to the forum woodyking...............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #12
woodyking
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: genorater /starter

Thanks guys! I found a local dealer with one for $39, took my old one off to be sure I got the exact right thing, decided to check into it, nothing to lose, I cleaned the contacts with 600 wetrdry emory cloth, adjusted the spring tension to get solid contact between F and G. I put it back on with a meter connected to the battery, started her up, had 17 volts as expected. I then backed off the tension adjuster to where I had just under 15 volts and locked her down there. I did a couple of restarts/checks, then removed a cable from the battery and checked for any drain to ground with the meter. There was none, and so it seems I got lucky again. The screw ended up about a turn in from where it was originally, helping the spring overcome the electric coil and upping the voltage. Before I tore into the regulator, I popped a rubber cover from the generator and the brush there looked great about flush with the brush guide and lots of wear left. Looks like I'm good to go! I put about 2 miles around the neighborhood watching the voltage, all is well.
Thanks very much for the info, the only thing I'd like to detail out is that when you remove the green wire from the generator, DO NOT GROUND IT! Ground the terminal from which it came instead. OR, simpler, remove the same green wire from the regulator and ground that end of the wire. The instructions I found here made it sound like the other way, and it made smoke from my jumper instantly. Learning as we go here, thanks again very much, Woody
woodyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO