lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 VC440 Street cart build

If you want a "low restriction/high performance muffler" then it's going to be loud. Not saying you can't quiet it down at all, but usually performance and loud go hand in hand. That's the same muffler I have, it's not that bad, in fact it's not as loud as my lawn tractor. You know, inside the garage with the body off it's going to be louder than when it's all put together outside driving it. I think you'll be ok.

As far as the throttle, here's a good link that shows a few different ways to set it up. Pretty simple really.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/throttle-linkage.php

And here's a pic of how I set mine up. I used a little bracket from the G1 setup and just bolted it in place. You can make a bracket with a piece of angle or sheet metal and bolt it to the engine cover right above the flywheel. Or you can make a sheet metal plate like mine. Lots of options there. It works really well, I get full cable travel. I did have to rotate my accelerator pedal about 5 teeth backwards to get the full travel, but it works really good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4039.jpg (367.3 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

totally agree about the exhaust. that's why I say ill wait for final judgment..

For the throttle I Will end up fabing something tonight. It would have just been nice to have a few parts to start with instead of making everything from scratch.
lake surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah, it's always something that needs fabbed. The way I did it only took me about 30 minutes. Haven't touched it since, seems to be just right. But there are certainly better craftsmen than me....for sure
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #24
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Update! Fabbed up a throttle this afternoon and took it out for what ended up being two hours. All I can say is this motor is a beast! This thing screamed up every hill in my niegborhood. We did burn outs. We did doughnuts. All the kids in the area had to go for rides. What a blast.. Now on with the build. Wheels tires and the looks department are next.

Any one have any good ideas? Or photos of inspiration?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Hmmmm....I can think of lots of ideas. But what are your goals? Street legal? Lift kit? Off road?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #26
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

This will totally be a street car lights are in the future. The main goal is just get to and from the lake with all the boat gear.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #27
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

What's the biggest wheel tire combo you can run stock? With a 4" lift? With a 6" lift?
Old 01-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I've seen some run a 20" tire without a lift, but it was a street type tire. 22" with a 4" lift, and 23" with a 6" lift. Tire type also makes a difference, some tires are taller in the center and will require more clearance. Rim width also makes a difference, running wide rims will make a tire wider and shorter, where a thinner rim will do the opposite.

Some trimming may be required to fit certain tires. Some Yamaha's have a low hanging rear frame section that people have trimmed. Also, using wheel spacers and a strong offset rim will help tires to fit better, gets them farther away from the frame, but in the front can work against you. Every setup and cart is different.

When you buy a lift, the mfg will recommend a rim and tire size that will work for your cart.

If you make your own lift, you have some trial and error, but try to find one on here that has the same look you are after and copy their setup.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #29
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Small status up date. Waiting for ups and fedex sucks! Hopefully I have more up dates soon .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1632.jpg (61.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1633.jpg (163.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #30
lake surfer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Alright it snowed this weekend and brown Santa showed up all week so I got lots done. I reupholstered the seats. I installed the new wheels and tires. ( wish the tires where a little bigger). Wired up the fuse box. Wired up the turn signal switch. Man I did a lot of wiring and still have some to go. The universal turn switch is nice but it really needs to come with 8' of wire. Oh well. I did every thing with heat shrink conectors so I won't have any issues. And too my surprise the flasher that came with it works with my led lights! Awesome.. Photos cuz we all know photos are the best part..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1643.jpg (156.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1644.jpg (364.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha