lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #41
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Default Re: My Official G22A Build - nickname TBD

Got new belt today. Had good reverse backing off the trailer. Shifted into forward and drove it to my grandfather's house to houses down. Came to leave and had no forward or reverse. Pulled it home with the 36v CC.

Got it home and went to start pushing it in the shop and then transmission engaged. Drove it into the shop.

Plan is to pull the axle at some point in the day tomorrow and open it up. Do I have to pull the secondary off in order to split the case? How do I pull it off without the "tool" or do I have to have to tool to get it off safely? If so, then I'll have to order the tool and wait for it to come in before I can do anything.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #42
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

All you need is a puller (2 of 4 way) and 2 -6mm thread about 4" long bolts and washers to get the fixed sheave off. Because the secondary is under tension from the spring (preload) if you don't have the special holder tool, you can use ratchet strap (or straps) to hold the sliding sheave till you get the fixed sheave off then the woodruff key and plastic washer. You will need to take the set screw/spring and ball bearing (they hold the shifter shaft in place) out. You will need a new gasket (very important for tolerances)! The f/r gear cluster is easy to remove, make shure you keep the assy as removed (thrust washer/reverse gear/shifting dog/shaft/forward gear/counter gear/thrust washer). The input shaft comes out when the govenor fork is turned towards you. REMEMBER to keep the "shim" on the end of the input shaft (on the in ward bearing point)!! Now its time to clean and inspect. Just aks DaveinVA...he's an expert now
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #43
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...placement.html

There's some pics in here...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #44
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

I ordered the driven puller, and ordered the drive puller too while I was at it, and will wait for them to come in before I start pulling anything apart. I don't want to chance anything trying without it. Drove the cart the last couple days and had no problems. Forward and reverse many of times and worked like a charm. I have noticed that when the cart is shifting "normal" the f/r level feels tougher to shift and sort of pops into f/r. When the cart is acting up, the f/r lever feels loose and there is no pop into f/r. Talked to cgtech couple days ago and he suggested spraying Silcone spray into the cables to try and lube them. Haven't tried that yet as my can of Silicone spray didn't have the little tube and I couldn't find one on any can in the shop for that matter.

Got my tires changed and found that the passenger rear drum is missing. Now might be a good time to change over to hydraulic disc brakes. Still contemplating that though.

Overall, the limo isn't bad to drive. One thing I'm not fond of is the rear seat bouncing open when riding through the pasture. Need to make some sort of latch for it to keep it closed.

Where does one get parts for a limo? I suspect the f/r cables, throttle cable, and brake rod are the only things that would different than a standard cart, but where to actually buy these parts if I ever need them?

DaveVA, thanks for the photo trail of your repair. I looked over the pictures and now have a feel for what's inside.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #45
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

No progress as of lately. Been using the cart last week and a half with no problems though. My puller tools delivered today, so now I'm trying to plan my tear down. I also have a box from SUNOCO sitting in the shop that will also be part of the tear down. Being I was missing a rear drum and wanted to change the brakes, I went ahead and bought the disc brake conversion kit. I will have to fabricate a mount for the master cylinder and some kind of pivot point as I want to utilize the existing rod being my cart is a limo. My hope is to install the master cylinder at the brackets where the equalizer bar is now for the brake cables.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #46
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like a plan, the brake lines wouldnt reach from the front to the rear wheels anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha