lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Re: 91 Club Car No Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnwrkr3 View Post
Change your ignitor. It is located behind your rev limitor which is located on the bottom front of your engine. The ignitor is what caused my 92 club car not to get spark. You can find them on eBay fairly cheap.
Arent the motors in the 91 to 92 different? I will check it out though to see what you're talking about. That would be great if it was something simple like that but. I swear we've checked nearly everything. Thanks btw!
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #12
sentrek
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think you have the KF82 flat head? If so, I believe that system has an exciter behind the flywheel. You should get A/C voltage coming from the exciter wire while the engine is turning over. I think there is a capacitor in the limiter that holds the current from the coil until the trigger coil (exciter) releases it to the plug. If you have A/C voltage from the exciter, and you tested the coil, then it is probably the limiter. I messed with one for a long time and ended up rigging up a different coil system without a limiter. If you can find the original parts they are very expensive. It has been a while since I worked on one, but that is what I can remember.
sentrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #13
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentrek View Post
I think you have the KF82 flat head? If so, I believe that system has an exciter behind the flywheel. You should get A/C voltage coming from the exciter wire while the engine is turning over. I think there is a capacitor in the limiter that holds the current from the coil until the trigger coil (exciter) releases it to the plug. If you have A/C voltage from the exciter, and you tested the coil, then it is probably the limiter. I messed with one for a long time and ended up rigging up a different coil system without a limiter. If you can find the original parts they are very expensive. It has been a while since I worked on one, but that is what I can remember.
Yes I have the KF82 and that sounds exactly right. And yes if its the limiter, thats a $250+ part, pretty ridiculous. If I find out it is that you should definitely let me in one what replacement parts you used.

And also, how will I be able to turn the motor over with the flywheel cover off? Theres a ground that is on the cover that needs to be there to turn over..
Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its too much bs to figure out & parts are expensive, do you think it's better to swap in a clone engine?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #15
colu41
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
If its too much bs to figure out & parts are expensive, do you think it's better to swap in a clone engine?
I've thought about that many times but. Not sure what a motor would cost. I got a local small 9 hole course out in the sticks that has a few club cars growing trees around them. I might give them a call to see if theyre interested in selling some parts off but, we'll see. Me and the brother have to do some more testing. I just wish I knew what to test so I didn't have to wait for my brother to be available.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

If your coil has the three wire plug which some did some didnt 91. Unplug it and check OHM from the plug coming from the engine. Brown to red should read around 370 ohms. check white to engine ground should read around 60 ohms. If those readings are good replace the coil. Which they are getting hard to find.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car