lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
pistolmiller
Not Yet Wild

Default Rebuild....needs to climb hills...LOTS OF HILLS!

I have a 97 CC that I want to use at the lake which has lots of BIG hills! I need itto be able to pull hills with four on board to go to the boat and run around the hood. Dont need speed as my 12 year old will be driving it!

My questions are:

Controller?
Motor?
Guage of wires?

I have been looking at all the sponsers and need to get some advice bofore I get to buying things. Thanks in advance for all the help. Looking forward to getting started with the forums help!
pistolmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild....needs to climb hills...LOTS OF HILLS!

Simple answer CONTROLLER YES, MOTOR YES, CABLES YES, AND YES TO MANY OTHER ITEMS AS WELL depending on what model you now have? You are asking alot out of any golf cart electric or gas, what you need is either a gas engine 20-30 HP conversion with differential gear ratio change, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc for safety. OR an 72 volt or higher battery pack with needed high RPM conversion parts, gear ratio change, 4 wheel disc brakes, OR an AC conversion on a electric cart, with gear ratio change and 4 wheel disc brakes?
Lets face some facts- any golf cart is made for minor hills found on golf course, made to carry only 2 people plus golf clubs, run for 18-36 holes between charges, only run for short distances, stop with all above on normally semi flat surfaces, never go above 8-12 MPH. The suspension, body, frame, steering, brakes are all designed for this use.
The reason I talk about disc brakes is that you are far beyond the ability of stock brakes to control cart on down grades. If you ever drove a auto with cable rear brakes only you would know what I'm talking about as they get HOT AND FADE OUT and you have NO STOPPING POWER? Another good item would be roll cage to protect all riders.
You wouldnt want to put your family members or close friends in danger would you?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolmiller View Post
I have a 97 CC that I want to use at the lake which has lots of BIG hills! I need itto be able to pull hills with four on board to go to the boat and run around the hood. Dont need speed as my 12 year old will be driving it!

My questions are:

Controller?
Motor?
Guage of wires?

I have been looking at all the sponsers and need to get some advice bofore I get to buying things. Thanks in advance for all the help. Looking forward to getting started with the forums help!
You will need a bigger speed controller and solenoid combination, You should up size the cabling system and the Forward and Reversing Switch.
Upgrading the brakes is also a good idea as MEC said.
Sometimes what is a big hill to one person is a mole hill to another. You have to be the judge of that
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

#1 in my opinion is the condition of the batteries.
before U start anything else, tighten and clean battery surfaces
add distilled water as needed, then charge batteries until charger shuts off
wait 8-12 hours then measure voltages at each battery and across entire pack.

here is a state of charge table http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html

If batteries are at 100% then proceed as described above.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car